Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have said many many times this 'division' will be Bill's legacy. There is a commonality in Everton FC but the club's board has alienated itself from a sizeable amount of support and that has increased with time, not decreased.
Supporters haven't chosen to be divided but it is easier to create diversionary tactics to blindside and alter perceptions.

I don't disagree with your comments but I find it difficult to accept that all Blues can't work more intelligently and more closely together to bring about change (assuming there's no change of ownership) or if there is change of ownership bringing about unity across the supporter base.

If we acknowledge that a legacy of the current owners is division then we should all be doing our utmost to reduce that division not maintain it.

My main point being that no one from either end will give an inch, and I do hate to see blues arguing when we all want the same end. What's best for EFC.

I'm not attempting to take sides. Just want a fair debate rather than mud slinging.
I'd avoid the Martinez thread right now then mate....

Well it seems that Everton have been trying to contact me for a few weeks now with a few questions regarding my season ticket - how I rate the matchday experience, the facilities etc etc etc. - and most importantly, would I be renewing next season?

I really hate coincidences but.....the timing of all this? This being my first as a season ticket holder, is this usual around this time of year - or perhaps "market research" as part of the takeover bidding process?

I don't understand this "both sides" argument. Why the need for such division? Surely we are all Blues and we should have enough common ground to overcome any differences in approach and strategies when dealing with the board.

With regards to the issue of biography or auto-biography the whole discussion arose when I made the distinction. In the same post I also highlighted the claim the Green had bought Everton.

My point in highlighting this is not to embarrass an individual poster (he and I have had perfectly amicable private conversations) but to highlight that any fan group that wishes to take on someone like Green to task must be extremely precise in their comments and claims. The lack of precision does two things. Firstly it makes any defence by the board or others much easier as the inaccuracies will be highlighted to discredit the bigger argument and secondly people who recognise the inaccuracies are less likely to join a group because of them.

On a wider note, if there is such a body of evidence against substantial claims why has there been no meaningful action to bring any wrongdoing to the authorities and to shareholders ? There may be perfectly legitimate reasons, lack of resources, lack of expertise etc but from my perspective to make claims and then not to follow them through is an odd strategy. What does it hope to achieve?

As I said to begin with, there's more common ground than there is areas of division, let's debate but let's not be devisive.

once again esk you seem to ignore the direct quotes from Green, Kenwright & Gregg.

They all show that Green has some sort of involvement. We don't know to what extent but none of them has refuted those quotes to the best of my knowledge.

Again I don't think that Green owns shares but he is involved one way or another according to direct quotes.

Edit, now that the board thread has reopened could a mod please move this post cheers

Well it seems that Everton have been trying to contact me for a few weeks now with a few questions regarding my season ticket - how I rate the matchday experience, the facilities etc etc etc. - and most importantly, would I be renewing next season?

I really hate coincidences but.....the timing of all this? This being my first as a season ticket holder, is this usual around this time of year - or perhaps "market research" as part of the takeover bidding process?

I get these most seasons at, or about, this time mate.

once again esk you seem to ignore the direct quotes from Green, Kenwright & Gregg.

They all show that Green has some sort of involvement. We don't know to what extent but none of them has refuted those quotes to the best of my knowledge.

Again I don't think that Green owns shares but he is involved one way or another according to direct quotes.

Hi mate.
It's a good debate but, to save tying up the takeover thread with a whole lot of general board related gubbins, can you take it to the main board thread, which I just reopened ?

I got my generic email EFC survey just before the news of the Moores/Noell involvement was announced, so must have been early December (?). I'm fairly sure they did another earlier survey around the start of the season. Tend to get one at least once a season, but the Timing of the December one seems pertinent under the circumstances ... even had a 'Comments' section to unload observations!!!!

So not having followed the politics, and trying to keep it relevant, have the BU made any statements on their opinion of imminent takeover? Given their apparent anti-board sentiment, I'd guess they're for it in principle? Or have they been silent?

I don't disagree with your comments but I find it difficult to accept that all Blues can't work more intelligently and more closely together to bring about change (assuming there's no change of ownership) or if there is change of ownership bringing about unity across the supporter base.

If we acknowledge that a legacy of the current owners is division then we should all be doing our utmost to reduce that division not maintain it.

It's hard for there to be unity between the fan base with a view to perusing change, when a decent sized group seem to believe Bill should be on trial in The Hague for war crimes, and anyone who isn't of the same opinion is an idiot.

Can personally only see real unity coming about if there is a takeover (sadly), under the current board too many fans seem to be entrenched in their positions and unwilling to budge.

It's hard for there to be unity between the fan base with a view to perusing change, when a decent sized group seem to believe Bill should be on trial in The Hague for war crimes, and anyone who isn't of the same opinion is an idiot.

Can personally only see real unity coming about if there is a takeover (sadly), under the current board too many fans seem to be entrenched in their positions and unwilling to budge.
And if and when we get a new board lines will be drawn in the sand again leading to the same arguments.

Not much fence sitting in this post.

Back to takeover issues though, lets hope someone can wade through the difficulties caused by issues of the obscured ownership of the club and find a solution that all interested parties agree, with values acceptable to all interested parties, and quite likely with some NDA's about the past financial dealings of all interested parties. All this at a price that leaves some margin for them to earn the profit they will want to earn by growing rather than squeezing the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back