Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This. It's definitely on. This just shows that practically every journalist and twitter mong has been way too hasty in their out comings/predictions. These things wont happend in a blink of an eye.

not even sure what news people are expecting? it'll be either deal agreed or not now

people want news just for the sake of it..

The whole situation of the take over front being relatively quiet as of late reminds me of the old proverb of... no news is good news.

If the takeover talks are to be true, then I'd much rather both parties (new owners and current) take their time with regards to due diligence.

We do not want rash owners who've not fully assessed the situation of the club, or Kenwright and co selling to parties who are not properly suited.

What is a few extra weeks or months going to do with regards to making a significant difference with transfers or new stadium etc?

Remember this isn't a transfer window where we have a set deadline to sign a player and as Everton do, usually leave it to the last minute.

What will be will be I guess, it just doesn't help with the ever growing levels of speculation or desperation. The status quo isn't too bad either.

Apropos of not much, does anyone remember all the shenanigans surrounding the last takeover battle back in the late 90s? It'd have been hilarious if it hadn't have been so serious. A scramble to put circa £20M together to buy out Hamperman. It must have dragged on for about 18 months with talk of this feller and that feller carrying out due dilligence. Surely the most hilarious story though was the Wirral butcher Gerry White swooping for us. A man who made his fortune by selling ducks feet to China. Lol!

We've had some bizarre characters associated with this club's ownership. Anton Zingarevich, Chris Samuelson, Robert Steelhammer, Guy De La Tour Du Pin, some feller in a Manchester bedsit. We've come a long way from those days....I think.

Apropos of not much, does anyone remember all the shenanigans surrounding the last takeover battle back in the late 90s? It'd have been hilarious if it hadn't have been so serious. A scramble to put circa £20M together to buy out Hamperman. It must have dragged on for about 18 months with talk of this feller and that feller carrying out due dilligence. Surely the most hilarious story though was the Wirral butcher Gerry White swooping for us. A man who made his fortune by selling ducks feet to China. Lol!

We've had some bizarre characters associated with this club's ownership. Anton Zingarevich, Chris Samuelson, Robert Steelhammer, Guy De La Tour Du Pin, some feller in a Manchester bedsit. We've come a long way from those days....I think.

On a quiet Weds evening, it does make you reflect on what has and what hasnt happened down the years doesnt it?

Am up early, out and about getting soaked (today anyrate), then log in, and zippo. Which I am relaxed about.

On a quiet Weds evening, it does make you reflect on what has and what hasnt happened down the years doesnt it?

Am up early, out and about getting soaked (today anyrate), then log in, and zippo. Which I am relaxed about.

I can barely remember the previous takeover struggle between Johnson and Kenwright (his first tilt at owning the club.) Not because I wasn't old enough, just that at the time ownership of Everton seemed irrelevant. It didn't register. We felt that success would be around every corner anyway so it made no odds. Now it's a matter of utmost importance.

I can barely remember the previous takeover struggle between Johnson and Kenwright (his first tilt at owning the club.) Not because I wasn't old enough, just that at the time ownership of Everton seemed irrelevant. It didn't register. We felt that success would be around every corner anyway so it made no odds. Now it's a matter of utmost importance.

Poppycock, the only thing round the corner in 2004 was relegation.

No bigger indicator of the changes in football over the last quarter of a century than the interest and importance ordinary fans with no experience of finance or business now place on the ownership and commercial running of the club.

Sadly the club (not just Everton but most English clubs at least) continue to view fans as mushrooms in terms of information sharing and most importantly in terms of recognising the value of their input on non footballing matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back