Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with your comments but I find it difficult to accept that all Blues can't work more intelligently and more closely together to bring about change (assuming there's no change of ownership) or if there is change of ownership bringing about unity across the supporter base.

If we acknowledge that a legacy of the current owners is division then we should all be doing our utmost to reduce that division not maintain it.

No arguments with that. Part of the legacy under the current chairman(s) is some of the fans had to become more informed about what was actually happening in regards to the running of the club, and the further they went into the rabbit hole....well, this is the sticking point. Interpretation. And, this isn't meant as a dig, and it does take into account a changing demographic of supporter, the 'standards' by which 'success' are measured at everton have altered, there is a small remaining hangover from avoiding relegation that has been used as a base as opposed from the yardstick of winning being the measure of achievement.
We have been a very patient lot, considering our history and expectations. The fans played their part but don't feel it being reciprocated. The concept of investment, 'the right investment', is dictated to on the terms of the board and has constantly been seen to be selfish rather than for the betterment of the club itself.
Too many possibilities as to why nothing has been forthcoming from KD to DK to now. But I believe patience is starting to wear extremely thin and (un)fortunately I reckon Martinez is bearing the brunt of that at the moment.

It's hard for there to be unity between the fan base with a view to perusing change, when a decent sized group seem to believe Bill should be on trial in The Hague for war crimes, and anyone who isn't of the same opinion is an idiot.

Can personally only see real unity coming about if there is a takeover (sadly), under the current board too many fans seem to be entrenched in their positions and unwilling to budge.

It would need a calmer rhetoric than that to help. That's is a very generalised notion that only fuels any schism.

When I saw the bit at the weekend about Jon Woods comments, I basically switched off on this, not because I believed or disbelieved it, just because it felt like groundhog day again and I couldn't be arsed.

So, have there been any further developments? Is this still thought to be on?

It would need a calmer rhetoric than that to help. That's is a very generalised notion that only fuels any schism.

Don't think any rhetoric, calm or otherwise, can help people who have already made their mind up and don't wish to listen to anything that doesn't confirm the opinion they already hold.

It might be a bit generalised, but then that's just the general impression I get.

generalosations and pre conceived ideas about a "decent sized group" seemed to be the order of the day/week

On the takeover there is no rush and I'd honestly be surprised if anything was sorted this side of April and probably the end of the season.

Just checked in to hear the latest rumours about this.
ZERO posts in this thread since 8PM yesterday. . . . . . . . . Is it off ?
Not looking good if nobody can even be bothered to make up a rumour about seeing the Yanks drinking Chang and wearing royal blue socks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back