Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who feels like this could be a rumour that has escalated horribly and there is actually no interest at all?
It seems to have more legs than that. And then there's the Chinese rumours too - I'd say there's an element of truth here, but take everything with a grain or two of salt.

For a supposed 200m takeover of a football club that was two weeks away (now 4 days away) to have absolutely no comment from either side whatsoever.. its certainly an odd one and no mistake

For a supposed 200m takeover of a football club that was two weeks away (now 4 days away) to have absolutely no comment from either side whatsoever.. its certainly an odd one and no mistake

I've worked at a few places which have been taken over, or looked at with a view to being taken over, for sums not dissimilar to what's being talked about here.

The quickest took about three months for the interested party to walk away, the slowest took just over twelve months for the interest to be publicly confirmed and agreed in principle, and then another four or five months to go through ( though admittedly that involved two plc's ).

It's been said before in this thread, but the Echo's article was probably as much a message from the club saying "Hello any more potential bidders, we're here and ready to listen" as it was an indication of time to completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back