Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cos to buy say Everton, its 200m to buy most of the club, then another 40m or so to pay off the debts, then 200m for a stadium, then another 100m or so a season on the playing staff.

Buying Bristol Rovers cost like 20p, read hes building a new stadium for around 40m and probably 2-3m a season on the playing staff.

Hes talking about building them up slowly and taking them to the Prem, so its kind of like a game of FM for him that wont make him skint, unlike Everton.
exactly right mate. apparently bolton's been bought for 7.5m or something like that, basically a naismith

I know, which was part of mout's point. its a lot easier to buy crap, and/ or failing clubs like Bristol and Bolton then well established top flight clubs like everton

Agree about Bristol, the ROI on a well-run lower-league club can be astronomical. Not so much Bolton though. About the only way that club gets bought is the way it actually went down, a local rescue mission.

Can't imagine buying a football club is too different from real estate. If you buy ****, you get ****.

pretty much.

low end houses / areas are always the last to go up in a rising market and the first to drop in price when the cycle changes. yeah you might make a quick 15% but it's all about scale...15% of not much.

I don't know the exact terms, but a quick dash to the prem with a small club, one season in then out and a relatively high parachute payment might make it an attractive proposition for business men of a certain type

Bolton's around 170m in debt, that was a total fire sale.

I think the Bolton acquisition might be a very shrewd one. Given all the debt owed to Eddie Davies (£175 million) is written off, then it's a decent punt. Would obviously help enormously if they could keep their Championship status this year.

I think the Bolton acquisition might be a very shrewd one. Given all the debt owed to Eddie Davies (£175 million) is written off, then it's a decent punt. Would obviously help enormously if they could keep their Championship status this year.

Davies doesn't want a penny, he wants the new owners to deposit 15 million into the clubs accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back