Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cos to buy say Everton, its 200m to buy most of the club, then another 40m or so to pay off the debts, then 200m for a stadium, then another 100m or so a season on the playing staff.

Buying Bristol Rovers cost like 20p, read hes building a new stadium for around 40m and probably 2-3m a season on the playing staff.

Hes talking about building them up slowly and taking them to the Prem, so its kind of like a game of FM for him that wont make him skint, unlike Everton.

.....Bristol and the West Country is a real untapped area from a football perspective.

Given that the Echo ran the news two weeks ago about the "takeover" and there's no further briefings since, the natural conclusion is that the process is continuing without substantial changes to content and timetable.

Any material changes would have found their way into the press.

Boring I know, but just a little more patience required.

The issue for me is not the precise timing, it is the nature of the takeover, how it is funded and their plans thereafter.

Cos to buy say Everton, its 200m to buy most of the club, then another 40m or so to pay off the debts, then 200m for a stadium, then another 100m or so a season on the playing staff.

Buying Bristol Rovers cost like 20p, read hes building a new stadium for around 40m and probably 2-3m a season on the playing staff.

Hes talking about building them up slowly and taking them to the Prem, so its kind of like a game of FM for him that wont make him skint, unlike Everton.

Just wait till they have to play with Bristol City Council.

Between them the 2 clubs have spent about 20 years successfully not building a stadium for either of them. The new music venue now being built on a long abandoned site, right next to the main train station, has taken, conservatively, 30 plus years.

Want a bus or cycle lane? Go right ahead matey though.

Rovers have been involved with UWE University as well, there's been talk of a dual purpose stadium for use by Rovers and the Uni, which would go a long way towards development costs.

Rovers have been involved with UWE University as well, there's been talk of a dual purpose stadium for use by Rovers and the Uni, which would go a long way towards development costs.

Mucked up by the planning permission stuff with Sainsburys as well though. Ces la Vie.

Anyrate, lets not bore the pants off folk with our Bristol gubbins!

Given that the Echo ran the news two weeks ago about the "takeover" and there's no further briefings since, the natural conclusion is that the process is continuing without substantial changes to content and timetable.

The issue for me is not the precise timing, it is the nature of the takeover, how it is funded and their plans thereafter.

Any thoughts on the dip in the exchange rate in favor of the Yanks, presuming talks are ongoing? £200M is £200M, except that $280M is $40M cheaper than $320M.

Any thoughts on the dip in the exchange rate in favor of the Yanks, presuming talks are ongoing? £200M is £200M, except that $280M is $40M cheaper than $320M.

Well not only is the acquisition getting cheaper, but the stadium and all the additional investment gets cheaper by the day!

Would have thought if they are so close to completion they would have fixed the exchange rate by now.

Well not only is the acquisition getting cheaper, but the stadium and all the additional investment gets cheaper by the day!

Would have thought if they are so close to completion they would have fixed the exchange rate by now.

I've explained elsewhere that I don't even know how to exchange correctly in a money shop, so I'm not going to assume anything on international business.

So with the projected strengthening of the US dollar, we may see this get done by the next Leap Year ;)

As in 15+ years :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back