Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I work for a group who buy and sell companies all the time so you are welcome.

No idea who you are, so no reason to doubt it, but you should be the first to be pointing out that this a purchase of a body with

- Covenants and debentures on match day earnings
- charges and securities against other income flows (tv monies) held overseas.
- Notoriously complicated mortgages on property (the prudential lien on on part of Goodison)
- a dependence ultimately on the council for future expansion assistance, at the very least in that the control most of the suitable alternate sites.
- a further dependence on the council as holders of the freehold of Finch Farm
- No single shareholder, rather 4-6 substantial shareholders who may not all be on the same page

amongst other issues. It is not, and never will be a straightforward process. If the whole thing took 6-9 months, it would not surprise me.

No idea who you are, so no reason to doubt it, but you should be the first to be pointing out that this a purchase of a body with

- Notoriously complicated mortgages on property (the prudential lien on on part of Goodison)
- a dependence ultimately on the council for future expansion assistance, at the very least in that the control most of the suitable alternate sites.
- No single shareholder, rather 4-6 substantial shareholders who may not all be on the same page

amongst other issues. It is not, and never will be a straightforward process. If the whole thing took 6-9 months, it would not surprise me.
This guy has bought £90m companies, nailed on.

and that's just the known issues

*puts @mikewex on same list as @hibbo'sclass , @The Esk in the 'don't get involved in chatting money, cos these lids know proper stuff like '

I do concur, I did however say I work for, not negotiate, not tender and certainly not have the expertise to see an acquisition through from start to finish.
I am a senior partner who's talents lie elsewhere in the business but that said I do understand that whilst the points you noted above sound complicated they are common practise and have much similar factions to other deals.

I do concur, I did however say I work for, not negotiate, not tender and certainly not have the expertise to see an acquisition through from start to finish.
I am a senior partner who's talents lie elsewhere in the business but that said I do understand that whilst the points you noted above sound complicated they are common practise and have much similar factions to other deals.
I believe you mate

Let's not confuse the announcement of a deal and the actual closure of a deal, as they can certainly occur on two different dates. If a deal is struck, then perhaps an announcement comes soon, with actual closing of the deal not to occur until the end of the financial year, or the end of the current season, or after some other time period agreeable to both parties. This would not be surprising to me in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back