Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That has that got to do with it?
You buying a house for 0.1% worth of EFC has nothing to do with the club negotiating and allowing a six week exclusivity.

And how long do you think it takes to carefully inspect the finances of a complex multi-million pound business, make a series of projections for potential growth and return on investment, decide to make the deal, round up investors who live nowhere near England, negotiate with the sellers who live on two different continents, produce an extremely technical and lengthy contract heavily vetted by squads of lawyers, have both sides agree to every single word in that contract, arrange for the transfer of funds from buyer to seller (taking into account exchange rates and various tax scenarios), and finally sign the deal? Is that an hour or maybe an hour and a half?

And how long do you think it takes to carefully inspect the finances of a complex multi-million pound business, round up investors who live nowhere near England, negotiate with the sellers who live on two different continents, produce an extremely technical and lengthy contract heavily vetted by squads of lawyers, have both sides agree to every single word in that contract, arrange for the transfer of funds from buyer to seller (taking into account exchange rates and various tax scenarios), and finally sign the deal? Is that an hour or maybe an hour and a half?
could be longer than that

I have never questioned the deal will not be easy, my disdain is EFC manage to drag out every negotiation we appear to enter into that often we lose out and once again I fear due to our own inability to finalise a deal satisfactorily that we could miss out again.

Surely as fans we want transparency?
At the level these business negotiations work at you cannot have transparency due to nondisclosure agreements and the like.
We'll find out when we find out, you'll give yourself an aneurysm worrying about what you don't know about and can't change.

And how long do you think it takes to carefully inspect the finances of a complex multi-million pound business, make a series of projections for potential growth and return on investment, decide to make the deal, round up investors who live nowhere near England, negotiate with the sellers who live on two different continents, produce an extremely technical and lengthy contract heavily vetted by squads of lawyers, have both sides agree to every single word in that contract, arrange for the transfer of funds from buyer to seller (taking into account exchange rates and various tax scenarios), and finally sign the deal? Is that an hour or maybe an hour and a half?

That is what the six week exclusivity deal gave them. The opportunity to carefully scrutinise the deal without the fear of losing to a competitor. During such time they had every chance to question issues which are not clear and have answers raised.
Once such deal ended was effectively where we agree to deal or negotiate.

That is what the six week exclusivity deal gave them. The opportunity to carefully scrutinise the deal without the fear of losing to a competitor. During such time they had every chance to question issues which are not clear and have answers raised.

They obviously haven't had enough time if they are still ongoing. This is a £200m purchase, they can't speed it up just to chill you out mate.

Surely as fans we want transparency?

We want transparency as to the terms of any actual agreement, including any 'small print' and statements of intent. Do we really want to be told about the ins and outs of ongoing talks with prospective buyers ? If we do, then we might have to wait a long time ...

At the level these business negotiations work at you cannot have transparency due to nondisclosure agreements and the like.
We'll find out when we find out, you'll give yourself an aneurysm worrying about what you don't know about and can't change.

I can not fathom why I must calm down for risk of an aneurysm whilst I calmly sip tea in bed for merely questioning the boards apparent to me inability to get the deal over line.

Imo you'd also be looking at reassessment of current assets and their values, discussions with the council and relevant local bodies about the development of a new stadium or redev of Goodison. Perhaps discussions with potential commercial partners. Assessment of current staff and strengths and weaknesses of the business as well as identifying clear pathways to grow the business as perhaps part of a 5 and 10 year plan.

the thing is..

- you don't know anything about these deals

- you have no idea how long they should take

- you don't know the reasons for any possible hold ups

- you don't anything about this

- also you have no knowledge on this

I thought the exclusivity window was only to review the club's finances, not necessarily to agree a deal.

Anyway, it's not like Everton Football Club was listed on eBay and if Moores and Noell didn't click on the little "Buy It Now" button by the deadline, then they couldn't buy it anymore.

They obviously haven't had enough time if they are still ongoing. This is a £200m purchase, they can't speed it up just to chill you out mate.

Nor would I expect them too, but let's not kid ourselves a 200mill acquisition these days isn't irregular and I was involved in an 80mill business acquisition last year and was concluded within 4 weeks.
This deal whilst pretty complex has an underlining fact, this Moore character has bought into Sport before and will be well aware of many an issue when taking on a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back