Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted plenty about how good Delboy is, how well Funes has been playing etc.

Didn't realise there was an unwritten rule that we had to be positive about every single post or the fun police will have a word.

I don't quote everyone of your pompous, condescending posts - don't have the time and frankly don't live on the net like you.

Happy new account.

Surely an expansion MLS team would take years to come into place? Unless they took over and then moved a team from elsewhere?

Chargers maybe moving to LA so Moores and co. may see the area with a lot of sports fans that need something to fill the void?

Posted plenty about how good Delboy is, how well Funes has been playing etc.

Didn't realise there was an unwritten rule that we had to be positive about every single post or the fun police will have a word.

I don't quote everyone of your pompous, condescending posts - don't have the time and frankly don't live on the net like you.
6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

Eh I'm not sure how big of an impact (negatively) it would have. Moores and noel are part of a consortium interested in Everton so its not as if he'd be soley bankrolling either. Would be interesting if he was exploring some kind of connection a la NYC FC and Man City
Would be interesting indeed if he/the consortium had comparable finances with Sheikh Mansour and several years experience in the PL.
If you look at the wish list for EFC, to get a ground even 50% funded without debt the investment would be the purchase price+100mil+the oft forgotten about repayment of the AIB loan so minimum 21 mil. If you're looking at working capital to replace JG when it becomes due, probably c20mil.
Franchise fee in the MLS is about USD100 mil I think, then buying players, staffing infrastructure both on and off field.
So my point is that given that he and or the consortium would have to split their effort.
Would you not prefer one step at a time - ger EFC up and running and then look at the MLS?

Surely an expansion MLS team would take years to come into place? Unless they took over and then moved a team from elsewhere?

Chargers maybe moving to LA so Moores and co. may see the area with a lot of sports fans that need something to fill the void?

Expansion can happen in 1 year if ground, etc, can be sorted out. Only Beckham lets this drag out. Look how quickly NYCFC was put together

Expansion can happen in 1 year if ground, etc, can be sorted out. Only Beckham lets this drag out. Look how quickly NYCFC was put together
Very true
However didn't MLS recently announced the next few expansions already? Feel like a possible san Diego team would still be a few years down the line. Another interesting note is the city of St. Louis's proposal for a new stadium to keep the rams mentions possibly sharing the proposed 1.1 billion dollar stadium with an MLS franchise if both situations work out that way

Very true
However didn't MLS recently announced the next few expansions already? Feel like a possible san Diego team would still be a few years down the line. Another interesting note is the city of St. Louis's proposal for a new stadium to keep the rams mentions possibly sharing the proposed 1.1 billion dollar stadium with an MLS franchise if both situations work out that way
Happy New Year from the UK mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back