Leandro Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love for us to have a poacher-striker, they're my favourite types of goalscorer personally because they always score the most important goals. We've not had one in years apart from Jelavic in that wonderful first 6 months. Doing it over here and doing in Argentina are two completely different things though, he's going to have strong defenders on him at all times and he's going to have to learn how to bully them back and stand up for himself.

I'd love for us to have a poacher-striker, they're my favourite types of goalscorer personally because they always score the most important goals. We've not had one in years apart from Jelavic in that wonderful first 6 months. Doing it over here and doing in Argentina are two completely different things though, he's going to have strong defenders on him at all times and he's going to have to learn how to bully them back and stand up for himself.
It's a good thing he was doing it in Uruguay instead of Argentina then.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Atlético_River_Plate_(Montevideo)

Someone like Tevez you mean. Now there was a south American striker who didn't get bullied by any European

Yeh no chance the lad was £4mil - we bought Del for that FFS!

It';; be £500k-£1mil (with add ons, potentially). Good deal all round. The lad gets a great experience to play for a Prem side and improve his game, River Montevideo get a fair wedge, and we have a potential gem. No risk really, even if he's a bit tosh.

I did notice (on grainy video) a lot of his goals were down to adjusting his balance very sharply (as opposed to the in off any part of the body goal poaching). Should bring him a lot of goals at most levels with decent service. Also looked like he was more of the Aldridge/Lineker type who would find space rather than get into the thick of it with defenders. Problem with some natural goalscorers is whether the goals justify them doing little else. Martinez seemed to indicate there was more to his game. If he isn't making that up then maybe we have a gem. In other words... no idea.. just thought I would drag it out though

I have a hard time and my wife is from Uruguay. Or is she from Argentina?

Ah who gives a fk?
I've had it up to here so let me make it very clear,
Because I swear I'll never clue you in again.
Every time that you profess I come from Uruguay

Yes?

For the last time, Jamo, I'm Argentinian!

Lets hope this is successful signing. Ive been saying before that Martinez style craves a forward with ability to poach and move quickly inside the box. This fella has potential to be that.
Rom isnt that kind of a forward at all. Rom works best in open play and counter attacks.
Cant wait to see him play. But tbf...He's a total mystery :) Welcome anyways. Work hard and you will be loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back