Leandro Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to South American talent, hard to come up with someone more credible.
Must be just SAFC South American signing's he gets wrong lol

talkSPORT's South American football expert Tim Vickery says Ignacio Scocco can make an immediate impact should he sign for Sunderland.

The Black Cats have agreed a fee, which is believed to be £3million, for the Internacional striker and Gus Poyet believes the deal will go through.

The 28-year-old will become the third Argentine to join the north east club after Santiago Vergini and Oscar Ustari but Vickery reckons the forward will prove the best purchase.

He said: "He's a really good acquisition for Sunderland, a lovely fluid second striker. He strikes the ball wonderfully well, has European experience in Greece.

And also this on his pick of 2010 transfers

Cristian Riveros: Cruz Azul to Sunderland. One of the stars of the World Cup for Paraguay, Riveros put pen to paper before flying out to South Africa and Steve Bruce will be very pleased with what he saw from his new signing. A versatile midfielder with plenty of stamina, Riveros proved himself to be a jack of all trades as he ticked the boxes for his country in midfield and looks well prepared to make an impact in England.

Must be just SAFC South American signing's he gets wrong lol

talkSPORT's South American football expert Tim Vickery says Ignacio Scocco can make an immediate impact should he sign for Sunderland.

The Black Cats have agreed a fee, which is believed to be £3million, for the Internacional striker and Gus Poyet believes the deal will go through.

The 28-year-old will become the third Argentine to join the north east club after Santiago Vergini and Oscar Ustari but Vickery reckons the forward will prove the best purchase.

He said: "He's a really good acquisition for Sunderland, a lovely fluid second striker. He strikes the ball wonderfully well, has European experience in Greece.

And also this

Cristian Riveros: Cruz Azul to Sunderland. One of the stars of the World Cup for Paraguay, Riveros put pen to paper before flying out to South Africa and Steve Bruce will be very pleased with what he saw from his new signing. A versatile midfielder with plenty of stamina, Riveros proved himself to be a jack of all trades as he ticked the boxes for his country in midfield and looks well prepared to make an impact in England.
he has got so much wrong

i'm starting to think he's got more wrong than he has right, but just somehow keeps managing to get jobs because he has had his foot in the door

he has got so much wrong

i'm starting to think he's got more wrong than he has right, but just somehow keeps managing to get jobs because he has had his foot in the door

Agreed mate, he is a font of knowledge on Brazilian football, called Oscar as a rising star years ago I remember but also raved about Pato too. I will happily wait and make my own judgement on both Mori and Rodriguez when the time is right and to be fair that will probably a year or longer from now when they've both settled in - i doubt we will see more than 5 or 6 starts from Mori and no starts from Rodgriguez this season.

Agreed mate, he is a font of knowledge on Brazilian football, called Oscar as a rising star years ago I remember but also raved about Pato too. I will happily wait and make my own judgement on both Mori and Rodriguez when the time is right and to be fair that will probably a year or longer from now when they've both settled in - i doubt we will see more than 5 or 6 starts from Mori and no starts from Rodgriguez this season.
I think Funes Mori will get a lot of game time, well not loads but i think he'll start a few when Jags or stones are injured, and in cup games etc but it's really more about adapting and settling in for them both.

Think if he does well in training (Aaron Lennon said he looked like he had bags of talent) he could earn himself a go in a cup game / come off the bench but his chances will be a bit limited.

I do think Vickery again will get a lot of things in Brazil right, because he's based there, but i think he plays a lot of stuff by ear, and theres no way he could be an expert for the whole of south america, realistically, it's a massive place with loads of teams, you don't get many experts even in europe who know about every player in every league, never mind the whole of south america.

Players only come to notice for Vickery when they are mentioned in a transfer (i dont doubt for a second that before leandro was linked with us he knew nothing about the player) or perform in a big south american sporting event like the copa libertadores or an u20's cup competition.

He has a favouritism towards flair players when he watches teams play, very rarely see him mention defenders in his players to watch tends to be tricky/craft midfielders or attackers like alexis sanchez, montero, quintero who all shone in u20 tournaments.

He's spot on about Boselli but again most people with average knowledge could have told you he would struggle as he lacked the physicality or pace for the prem just martinez took the risk and it backfired.

Vickery is no more of an expert than Balague and the key thing for all these "experts" is they are just in public eye for either being controversial or knowing people in the know, none of them are scouts and paid to do it they are just fans who are capable of making a living from it.

When it comes to South American talent, hard to come up with someone more credible.

Quite the contrary mate, i'm a River Plate fan and i can assure you Funes Mori is a completely different player to what this clown Tom Mockery or whatever described him to be, totally the opposite in fact, he's fast, strong, good on the air, a hard worker, set pieces' god both heading and taking them and is extremely confident and determined, he has all the ingredients to be a success for you, of course nothing is marked with fire on football and there's a risk on every signing, you could pay 50M for Thiago Silva and he could still fail terribly but this lad has everything he needs to be a success and personally i think he will be.

Also don't know how anyone could trust Mockery's opinion after all the amazing predictions he made with Paulinho, Scocco and dozens of otherplayers, i would take an octopus prediction more seriously than Vickery's to be honest.

Players only come to notice for Vickery when they are mentioned in a transfer (i dont doubt for a second that before leandro was linked with us he knew nothing about the player) or perform in a big south american sporting event like the copa libertadores or an u20's cup competition.

He has a favouritism towards flair players when he watches teams play, very rarely see him mention defenders in his players to watch tends to be tricky/craft midfielders or attackers like alexis sanchez, montero, quintero who all shone in u20 tournaments.

He's spot on about Boselli but again most people with average knowledge could have told you he would struggle as he lacked the physicality or pace for the prem just martinez took the risk and it backfired.

Vickery is no more of an expert than Balague and the key thing for all these "experts" is they are just in public eye for either being controversial or knowing people in the know, none of them are scouts and paid to do it they are just fans who are capable of making a living from it.

Thing is with Vickery and Balague, they have an opinion, these get paraded on BBC and Sky and so the lowest common multiple take it as gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back