Leandro Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this McAleny gets to go out on loan?
I wonder if he can oust Kone from the picking order. Cause let's face it, if he hadn't saved our faces in the Watford game we'd be in much much more of a hurry to sign a better striker.
We have a partnership with Central Coast Mariners in Australia which will eventually involve us sending them players on loan. Anyway there was a rumour that McAleny would go on loan to them but then in the past few days their manager said they wanted McAleny but Everton have decided to send him on loan closer to home. Not sure how loans work for him though considering he's 23 now.

We have a partnership with Central Coast Mariners in Australia which will eventually involve us sending them players on loan. Anyway there was a rumour that McAleny would go on loan to them but then in the past few days their manager said they wanted McAleny but Everton have decided to send him on loan closer to home. Not sure how loans work for him though considering he's 23 now.

What? Really?

What? Really?
Yep it's true. Just from a random search, here's something about what I was talking about:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/09/01/a-league-season-11-is-not-that-far-away/

In closing, mark down the name ‘Conor McAleny’, a player very close to signing with the Mariners from Everton. He is only 23 and as a kid was spoken about in hushed terms. He has had three terrible years with injury and if he comes over this will be a kid trying to prove he is not washed up.

Everton hold him in high regards, and if fit he would be a first team player. If he comes and remains injury free, he has the potential to be one of the best imports brought to the A-League. He is an attacking midfielder or second phase striker who Everton believe could be selected at national level.

Only a month or so to go, A-League 11 is fast approaching!

and here:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/...ts-wilkshire-mariners-move-merseyside-striker

gettyimages-120209181.jpg

The Central Coast Mariners could be about to receive a timely boost courtesy of their partnership with Everton FC. At least one Toffees player is set to embark on a season-long loan with the Gosford club, rumoured to be athletic striker Connor McAleny, 23. It is understood that coach Tony Walmsley’s inquiry about Everton’s 19-year-old Australian right-back Gethin Jones was met with a polite but firm “no thank you”.

Does this McAleny gets to go out on loan?
I wonder if he can oust Kone from the picking order. Cause let's face it, if he hadn't saved our faces in the Watford game we'd be in much much more of a hurry to sign a better striker.

What? :lol:

I reckon by your ordering Henen will replace Lukaku, Rodriguez replaces mirallas and so on.

Kones been great this season.

Kones had two good games in 5 he has been ok and nothing more

Hopefully released end of season

Totally agree, need to start trimming the squad down at the end of this season anyways and getting shut of the players in the catagory of not good enough or always injured.

Right now we have sat on the books, Osman, Piennar, Gibson and Hibbert who are getting anywhere from decent to very good wages for doing absolutely nowt, likelihood is i think Hibbert and Osman will maybe go into the coaching side of things at the club at the end of this season or at least be given the option to, the other two are dead weight. Kone i just hope he doesn't get an extension given to him based upon this early season blip which is all i think it is

Greats a overstatement mate, hes been ok, still dont think he could hit a barn door though

I don't think he's had a bad game to be fair.

He was really good against Watford and Southampton when they played him as striker, and due to being played out of position against Spurs and City, was left badly hampered, especially against City, when he had Galloway/Browning behind not overlapping. He played well against Spurs, infact he definitely had our best chance. As for hitting a barn door, get him back upfront.

I don't think he's had a bad game to be fair.

He was really good against Watford and Southampton when they played him as striker, and due to being played out of position against Spurs and City, was left badly hampered, especially against City, when he had Galloway/Browning behind not overlapping. He played well against Spurs, infact he definitely had our best chance. As for hitting a barn door, get him back upfront.

He played RW against Southampton mate, unless i am badly remembering things wrongly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back