Leandro Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get the impression from the presser that Rodriguez isn't actually being included when he says he wants 3 players in? Just when he said every window they look for these promising players and then mentioned bringing him in to be part of the golden generation like Holgate.

Just if Holgate wasn't considered one of the three after we signed Geri & Clevz, maybe this guy isn't and we're after Mori and two others?

Anyone else get the impression from the presser that Rodriguez isn't actually being included when he says he wants 3 players in? Just when he said every window they look for these promising players and then mentioned bringing him in to be part of the golden generation like Holgate.

Just if Holgate wasn't considered one of the three after we signed Geri & Clevz, maybe this guy isn't and we're after Mori and two others?

Yes, I also got that impression. If so it's a mystery as to who these 3 new players will be. Mori, Yarmolenko (probably not) and...

said this when it first got put out there, that we'll probably see him more of a coleman / project player than a first teamer straight away

Yep - 100%, it sounded to me like he would be going into the reserve/development squad - which sounded strange considering he is 22....

Yep - 100%, it sounded to me like he would be going into the reserve/development squad - which sounded strange considering he is 22....
some players take longer to develop mate, coleman didn't come over till he was 21, david weir was at college for years in america so didn't do pro football until he was 23 i think?

it'll be okay im sure

Yeh considering we only have Rom/Kone as strikers in the main squad (don't really count McAleny as I think he's missed the window of oppurtunity) then seems weird he'd go into that team. Unless he trains first team but plays for reserves till Martinez likes what he sees.

some players take longer to develop mate, coleman didn't come over till he was 21, david weir was at college for years in america so didn't do pro football until he was 23 i think?

it'll be okay im sure

Am all for us signing these players - realistically even Ossie didn't play first team for us till he was 23 i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back