Leandro Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't one of the 'three' by the way.

In the presser, Martinez said Funes Mori was the only one he could talk about.

When Rodriguez was brought up, he talked about him as one for the future.

So it's Funes Mori and two others other than Rodriguez.

said this when it first got put out there, that we'll probably see him more of a coleman / project player than a first teamer straight away
big step up for him in terms of standards of footy, new country/continent ect it would be a miracle if he could adapt straight away, hopefully he can do it sooner than later, as my new fave player i am not expecting to see him this side of xmas

big step up for him in terms of standards of footy, new country/continent ect it would be a miracle if he could adapt straight away, hopefully he can do it sooner than later, as my new fave player i am not expecting to see him this side of xmas
it'll be great if we can develop him into a first teamer, but it's going to be extremely hard.

Everton FC are hoping to complete the signing of Leandro Rodriguez before the weekend.

The River Plate Montevideo striker watched the Blues face Manchester City on Sunday and is closing in on a £500,000 move.

Rodriguez has scored 19 goals in 71 games for the Uruguayan club and Roberto Martinez is excited about the 22-year-old’s potential.

Everton have been given permission to press ahead with the deal and the Blues manager is optimistic that a deal can be finalised before the Blues face Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday evening.

“It could happen soon but at the moment nothing is concluded,” Martinez told the ECHO.

“He is a young striker with an incredible potential, playing for River in Uruguay.

“We are going to find out more in the next three days and will probably be able to say something before the weekend.

“He is someone with an incredible potential who would fit in very well in that group that we have idenitified as having the quality and elite potential of going into the first-team.”

Rodriguez would be playing outside his homeland for the first time but Martinez says he is unlikely to need games with the under-21s to acclimatise to the English game.

“Probably not,” Martinez said.

“He has played enough games with his first-team and in a really competitive league.

“If you look at the amount of strikers that come through those environment, you don’t get surprised about the quality of these players.

“I am not saying that to put pressure on the boy, but it is a player we can be very much excited about in the future.”

Rodriguez is understood to hold an Italian passport.

This isn't one of the 'three' by the way.

In the presser, Martinez said Funes Mori was the only one he could talk about.

When Rodriguez was brought up, he talked about him as one for the future.

So it's Funes Mori and two others other than Rodriguez.

If Rodriguez comes in I can see us keeping him around for a few months, play him in the U21's and then send him out on loan in January.

Edit : Well I wish I'd read the post above before typing that !

If Rodriguez comes in I can see us keeping him around for a few months, play him in the U21's and then send him out on loan in January.
i'm presuming this would be the plan too, unless somehow he actually fits in straight away and acclimatizes, and is ready to compete / help the first team (which will be extremely unlikely)

probably try get him to a championship club

image.jpg

The Rodriques signing is really a punt in the dark. Nobody here has the faintest clue about him .
Somebody in the scouting system has seen something that has escaped or not fully convinced other scouts.

He is at an age where he could be in the first team in a month or back in South America in twelve months.

However, I think we all hoped for this kind of signing from the start.
A complete unknown from a different continent(throw in an exotic name for free).

Clearly a punt, but if he's the only striker we sign it's not ideal, really. If Rom gets injured we're utterly screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back