Leandro Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless he turns out boss, somehow!

(trying to be positive)

He may well do, but if he does it will almost certainly be eventually rather than immediately. No player comes from such a poor league and steps up to the Prem instantly. Most don't step up at all.

I like the transfer, don't get me wrong. It's a small fee so it's worth a punt. I mean it's like half of what we spent on Magaye Gueye ffs. But the issue is that we clearly need another striker on the books who can step in right now, if Rom is injured. Hopefully we'll loan someone on deadline day.

At 22, he's been labelled as having 'incredible potential,' but not many improve drastically after that age. He'd have to have exactly the same mindset as a Coleman, work incredibly hard and take your opportunities when they come. He must have the basics of a good striker, but it's difficult to get too excited about him. For such a small fee though, why not give him a go. Uruguayan strikers are rather good on the whole.

At 22, he's been labelled as having 'incredible potential,' but not many improve drastically after that age. He'd have to have exactly the same mindset as a Coleman, work incredibly hard and take your opportunities when they come. He must have the basics of a good striker, but it's difficult to get too excited about him. For such a small fee though, why not give him a go. Uruguayan strikers are rather good on the whole.

Their output of good forwards, given the size of the country, is quite impressive.

whys that mate?

doubt he plays anything remotely like him, since strac was a big slow 6'3 brute and this guy is a small, fast, poacher it looks like.

Yeah it's a lazy comparison....but he was scoring sackfuls in the Argentinian Prem division before he came here

Still indicates the quality of that league which is higher than Uruguay!

If Rodriguez comes in I can see us keeping him around for a few months, play him in the U21's and then send him out on loan in January.

Edit : Well I wish I'd read the post above before typing that !
Still think you're right though mate, I remember Boselli at Wigan from S.America, worst footballer I have ever seen and I went to my first game in about 1952. Just can't see this lad setting the prem on fire but really hope he does!

Probaly one of better prem strikers in Ian Wright....late developer

cant see how we can make any comparisons here because this is such a random signing. I am just going to take Martinez's comments to heart and think this lad could be the Sth. American forward equivalent of Billy The Fish.

Loads of boss strikers don't hit maturity until mid 20's he can still improve.

Having said that it's all just a little bit meh isn't it?

I'm fairly sure those judging his goalscoring record by Wikipedia might be missing a trick - something tells me that isn't up to date.

Either way, he's the next Joao Silva methinks.

Joao Silva plays for Palermo in Serie A. He's made a decent career for himself now.

Something "HUGE" is going to happen at our great club before the window closes. Stones looks gone for top money and if this money is available for players, we will move on stronger than before, similar to the time we allowed Rooney to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back