Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two basic tactical issues Silva has to get right: firstly, in regards to stopping Vardy getting in behind the back line, does he play a deep back four or does he play it higher up the park with a sweeper; and secondly, to deter Chilwell's forward runs, does he play Richarlson down that side with an attacking role or a defensive one. On the first I'd love to see the back four pushing closer to our own midfield withHolgate as a sweeper behind it. This would mean the return of Keane but would provide for an altogether tighter formation. At the moment (as Norwich showed) it is just too easy for the opposition to get between our lines. On the Chilwell issue, Silva actually showed in the two derby games last season that he prefers to counter the attacking capability of opposition full backs by keeping them occupied by the attacking potential of his own wide players. I think he'll go for this again. So I'd like to see a line up of:

Pickford

Holgate
Coleman - Keane - Mina - Digne

Schniederlin - Davies - Delph

Richarlson -- Kean

I have supported 'little' Leicester all my life and it would have to be the first time that we play a 'big' team like Everton and feel like we are the 'bigger' club and can see nothing but a severe beating. I'm sorry about my optomism but I have watched us get to the top 4 playing unbelievable football and after all these years of being [Poor language removed] I want to gloat a bit, it's a forum, freedom of speech

Sick-Laugh-GIF.gif

I have supported 'little' Leicester all my life and it would have to be the first time that we play a 'big' team like Everton and feel like we are the 'bigger' club and can see nothing but a severe beating. I'm sorry about my optomism but I have watched us get to the top 4 playing unbelievable football and after all these years of being [Poor language removed] I want to gloat a bit, it's a forum, freedom of speech
Leicester: one first division and three league cups vs. Everton: nine first division, five FA Cups and one ECWC. Attendance? General fan numbers? Get in the bin.

Leicester: one first division and three league cups vs. Everton: nine first division, five FA Cups and one ECWC. Attendance? General fan numbers? Get in the bin.

While we are a bigger club and a more decorated history it doesn’t actually mean anything these days.

It doesn’t to me anyway, talking about 30/40 years is pointless if you go a lifetime without seeing any success.

How on Earth are the team going to be motivated for this when they know the manager will probably be leaving not long after?

Such a bizarre situation.

Fairly certain this will be like that last few games of 2015/16 where none of our players were bothered and we effectively threw the games.

Two basic tactical issues Silva has to get right: firstly, in regards to stopping Vardy getting in behind the back line, does he play a deep back four or does he play it higher up the park with a sweeper; and secondly, to deter Chilwell's forward runs, does he play Richarlson down that side with an attacking role or a defensive one. On the first I'd love to see the back four pushing closer to our own midfield withHolgate as a sweeper behind it. This would mean the return of Keane but would provide for an altogether tighter formation. At the moment (as Norwich showed) it is just too easy for the opposition to get between our lines. On the Chilwell issue, Silva actually showed in the two derby games last season that he prefers to counter the attacking capability of opposition full backs by keeping them occupied by the attacking potential of his own wide players. I think he'll go for this again. So I'd like to see a line up of:

Pickford

Holgate
Coleman - Keane - Mina - Digne

Schniederlin - Davies - Delph

Richarlson -- Kean

Better mobility and legs in midfield compared to ours.

Clinical striker.

More compact defence.

Best we can hope for is being in the game until the is inevitable 2.0 loss

A fox in peace... I'm going to be bluntly honest with this post, so, I think we could absolutely maul you to bits this game. Individually we didn't play that well against Brighton and although Ayoze scored our wingers need to step up the goal scoring this week, as Demari Gray and Allbrighton are chomping at the bit for a start, as is the case for Dennis Praet who is another fantastically skillful Belgian. You need to play from the off with 100% energy or you will see a very skillful/organised happy team blow you away leaving you rubbing your eyes at what you have just witnessed. Be warned this is a pack of young hungry foxes.
So as I say, I come in peace and good luck may the best team win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back