Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 more done and dusted! MOTM: Once again the main between the sticks. Single-handedly dead-lifting our beloved Blues out of the bottom three. Shout out to Keane for coming in early and not missing a step. Micky's goal was ефектний (spectacular)! And once again, that away crowd! Damn...basically brought me to tears after the match. Here across the pond they showed off your loyalty, support, love, energy, dedication for over 5 min after the match. They cut away a couple minutes after the match was over, but HAD to come back! The scenes were just too great to miss. Up in arms and voice, young and old, men and women, all Blues. With Super Frank (Oh Captain, my Captain) leading the way, I have never been more proud to wear my colors with pride around town today. Nothing but positivity from here on out! #UTFT
I saw a clip of the NBc coverage, it was fantastic! Such a shame our media arent so focussed on the fans (any fans) who demonstrate what the club means to them.

Hmmmm not sure. I don't think Leicester fans hate you. Maybe you'd be considered more direct rivals to us in terms of signing players and going for European spots (obviously not this season for either of us) than the likes of your Burnleys and Leeds. I reckon if it was us Leeds and Burnley you'd probably quite like to see us drop?
I respectfully demur on that : of the three you mention, Leicester would be the team I'd prefer avoid the drop...I like the colour of their home jersey

Hmmmm not sure. I don't think Leicester fans hate you. Maybe you'd be considered more direct rivals to us in terms of signing players and going for European spots (obviously not this season for either of us) than the likes of your Burnleys and Leeds. I reckon if it was us Leeds and Burnley you'd probably quite like to see us drop?
Absolutely not mate

My official ratings:

Pickford
10/10: Another excellent display today and surely the difference between us taking 3 points home or taking nothing at all.

Coleman
6/10: A huge error attempting to jump through 6'6 Mina to head the ball instead of taking a few steps back, but thankfully the goal counted for nothing in the end. Error aside, solid display.

Holgate
9/10: Cool in defence, solid in the air, vital goal. More of this on a regular basis please and you'll earn a lot more support back.

Mina
5/10: Huge sliding block to prevent an early goal, but shouldn't be letting the ball bounce which contributed to the error and subsequent goal by Daka. Typically got injured and will likely miss 2 vital games. Marked him down a few points due to the so obvious injury he was got.

Keane
8/10: Looked like a different player. I felt nervy seeing him come on but he looked calm, composed and confident both with his feet and head. Didn't put a foot wrong while on the pitch - an excellent display.

Mykolenko
9/10: Defensively sound, fantastic goal. He's growing quickly into this role and made a huge contribution here towards our hopeful safety.

Delph
8/10: 70 minutes against Chelsea, 90 here, and influential in both games. Was a great bridge between defence and attack, and stifled Leicester's chances of playing through the middle of the park. Get him on oxygen and ready for Watford.

Doucouré
8/10: Has come back with a bang after a series of terrible performances after his injury, but looks much stronger and better now. We've needed his energy and he's been a great influence on the team in recent weeks.

Gordon
5/10: Worrying that he's still showing a terrible lack of end product after a full season in the starting XI, but he has shown a lot of promise in general. Bad decisions in the final third and no real impact on the game.

Iwobi
8/10: Not sure who this guy is but he looks nothing like the fella who stunk out the place for a good two years after joining us. Never stopped running again yesterday and provided the cross which was converted in spectacular fashion by Mykolenko.

Gray
5/10: Similar to Gordon in that he's always a danger, but far too often breaks down attacks by poor decision making or general substandard final product. Still think he can be a good squad player next season, which ultimately is what he was brought here to be.

Richarlison
7/10: Thankless task as always to play up there alone, especially when your two supporting attacking players once again aren't at the races, but he always caused the defenders trouble and gave them something to think about.

My official ratings:

Pickford
10/10: Another excellent display today and surely the difference between us taking 3 points home or taking nothing at all.

Coleman
6/10: A huge error attempting to jump through 6'6 Mina to head the ball instead of taking a few steps back, but thankfully the goal counted for nothing in the end. Error aside, solid display.

Holgate
9/10: Cool in defence, solid in the air, vital goal. More of this on a regular basis please and you'll earn a lot more support back.

Mina
5/10: Huge sliding block to prevent an early goal, but shouldn't be letting the ball bounce which contributed to the error and subsequent goal by Daka. Typically got injured and will likely miss 2 vital games. Marked him down a few points due to the so obvious injury he was got.

Keane
8/10: Looked like a different player. I felt nervy seeing him come on but he looked calm, composed and confident both with his feet and head. Didn't put a foot wrong while on the pitch - an excellent display.

Mykolenko
9/10: Defensively sound, fantastic goal. He's growing quickly into this role and made a huge contribution here towards our hopeful safety.

Delph
8/10: 70 minutes against Chelsea, 90 here, and influential in both games. Was a great bridge between defence and attack, and stifled Leicester's chances of playing through the middle of the park. Get him on oxygen and ready for Watford.

Doucouré
8/10: Has come back with a bang after a series of terrible performances after his injury, but looks much stronger and better now. We've needed his energy and he's been a great influence on the team in recent weeks.

Gordon
5/10: Worrying that he's still showing a terrible lack of end product after a full season in the starting XI, but he has shown a lot of promise in general. Bad decisions in the final third and no real impact on the game.

Iwobi
8/10: Not sure who this guy is but he looks nothing like the fella who stunk out the place for a good two years after joining us. Never stopped running again yesterday and provided the cross which was converted in spectacular fashion by Mykolenko.

Gray
5/10: Similar to Gordon in that he's always a danger, but far too often breaks down attacks by poor decision making or general substandard final product. Still think he can be a good squad player next season, which ultimately is what he was brought here to be.

Richarlison
7/10: Thankless task as always to play up there alone, especially when your two supporting attacking players once again aren't at the races, but he always caused the defenders trouble and gave them something to think about.
I agree with this

My official ratings:

Pickford

Coleman

Holgate

Mina

Keane

Mykolenko

Delph

Doucouré

Gordon

Iwobi

Gray

Richarlison
Spot on that mate, I think credit should go to JJK too, playing out of position against players with their pace, yet he was solid! Tremendous all round performance, magic result! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.