Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Leicester don't sack Nigel Pearson. Oh wait. Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's apologised. Still a top class tool.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...oss-nigel-pearson-apologises-for-ostrich-rant

Pearson apologised directly to Baker for his actions, which the journalist accepted.

Pearson said: "Ian, I apologise for last night and hope it doesn't ruin our relationship.

"I react. That's it. It's emotion as much as anything and I'm not afraid of showing those. I get labelled with certain titles and it's peoples peogative to do that but I'll apologise when i step out of line and it's the right thing for me to do today.

"It might be pressure but I don't think it is. I don't like losing and I felt for the players - they worked exceptionally hard again."

"I think at times there has been criticism of my players at times; opinions by people who've not seen a large enough portion of our season. Poor observations."

Not really. Takes a massive amount of dignity to apologise to a journo and in the premier league.

Agree, the pressure some of these managers are under for prolonged periods is immense.

Imagine you were Martinez earlier in the season and all the abuse he was getting on here @davek. Martinez has lost hair this season, and the reason is obvious.

I'm surprised that ill health in football managers isn't seen more often.

To me Nigel Pearson is showing all the signs of someone with Chronic Stress and I'd say he's showing symptoms of clinical depression.

Recall we have a thread on this on here.
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...on-related-issues.62441/page-124#post-3493513

Pearson looks like he's showing the strain in what is a difficult job as its difficult for him to attract quality players that will really make a difference.

Martinez issue this year is managing expectations/budget of replacing multiple players. I think he'll realise that he CAN aquire a higher level of talented players with Everton and ths will be shown this summer and next season as a consequence. But we have to manage this on a budget. We don't have limitless pockets.

Think people need to leave off Pearson a little.

What I'm saying is - some one like Pearson - doing and saying odd things.

Big sign that he's under strain and I think he's showing some very clear signs of depression. What he's saying and how he's acted this year at times.

Think people need to back off a bit.

Oh and the difference here to Brendan Rodgers and laughing at him.

Brendan Rodgers is a narcissist and spent £250 million and lauded it over everyone (Spurs and everyone else who did the same and failed)

I think he's great, you never know what he's going to do next, not a walking cliché like the rest of them.

Anyone speaks to a member of the gutter press like that is a good lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back