Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Filipe Luis come here? Or Alex Sandro? Don't think they'd be bad replacements tbh, or either of the Swansea players. None compare to Baines though obviously.

£17 million would be a good price, anything less then don't sell. If we did sell him, Luke Shaw is the only player i'd want!

If utd want him and baines fancies it he will be gone. 15-18M will get the deal done IMO, you ain't gonna get anymore than that for a soon to be 29 yr old left back however good he is.

With a football brain on and what's best for the club's progression 15-18M is probably good business for us. We have Oveido, who looking back was surely bought with this day in mind, but with that cash we could buy another LB (not as good obviously) and have around 10M left for other additions.

It's sad but its where we are as a club, we just can't hold onto these players forever if they have any ambitions.

Imagine Baines Fellaini Heitinga Naismith and Jelavic out £50M
Few bob/TV money promised by bill £10M

That's 60M worth of transfer kitty...Tempting??? Haha

Was expecting a new era, with a new manager but this really is looking like a completely new era....Lets keep fingers crossed its not lead by ex Wigan players/targets!

All depends on Baines, if he intimates he wants to leave then the hierarchy will jump at the chance to cash in. A bid of around £15m with a couple of million pounds worth of add ons included should do the trick.

Good luck to him if he does move on, he's a fantastic player who deserves a shot at applying himself at the top level and competing for honours.

If utd want him and baines fancies it he will be gone. 15-18M will get the deal done IMO, you ain't gonna get anymore than that for a soon to be 29 yr old left back however good he is.

With a football brain on and what's best for the club's progression 15-18M is probably good business for us. We have Oveido, who looking back was surely bought with this day in mind, but with that cash we could buy another LB (not as good obviously) and have around 10M left for other additions.

It's sad but its where we are as a club, we just can't hold onto these players forever if they have any ambitions.

Imagine Baines Fellaini Heitinga Naismith and Jelavic out £50M
Few bob/TV money promised by bill £10M

That's 60M worth of transfer kitty...Tempting??? Haha

Was expecting a new era, with a new manager but this really is looking like a completely new era....Lets keep fingers crossed its not lead by ex Wigan players/targets!

Excited I am not. I've never been a huge fan of high squad turnovers in such a short period of time. Especially when I'm not convinced by the transfer dealings of the manager handling the incoming players.

It would only take one disastrous transfer window and we'd slide into an irreversible meltdown.

o1Q67yB.png

Excited I am not. I've never been a huge fan of high squad turnovers in such a short period of time. Especially when I'm not convinced by the transfer dealings of the manager handling the incoming players.

It would only take one disastrous transfer window and we'd slide into an irreversible meltdown.

Agreed. If it happens, so be it. However, like you said not a fan of high turnover, because of disruption and team chemistry...

I'm missing something here? He's under contract and is probably our best player. He's a scouser playing in a good Everton team who is on the cusp of making the England left back position his own too so unless there's been no angling for a move from him then it's down to us making a simple statement: he's not for sale.

Moyes can get to [Poor language removed] too for being behind this, but the ball is very much in our court at the moment.

thank you thank you thank you. is there any chance of starting a thread that just deals with what is actually happening with transfers and some reliable rumours for a bit of spice, so those of us who come on here now and again don't have to wade through pages of exactly the kind of nonsense the Alan Brazil breakfast show would be proud of. Everton don't just sell all the time. We don't want to sell Baines. NOT FOR SALE AT ANY PRICE!!!! Talksport, Sky, The Mirror and The Times for a variety of reasons only report gossip that they created. Just turned on now to hear if there was anything going on in the world after a few days when I haven't been able to keep up. They are now announcing that NOT FOR SALE AT ANY PRICE means exactly 16 million. It also means Fellaini is definitely going to Arsenal. Six weeks ago the same people said he was definitely going to Man U. The same people announced Moyes to Spurs as news, Baines to Man U last summer as news. If they were a guy down the pub you would think they had some kind of Personality disorder leading to pathological lying.

Does anyone recken Baines interview was intentional so he doesn't become the next Judas by some of our fans, Baines and his agent must have knew about the incoming bid so why do an interview and EFC have to give permission as well. He gone now, we just have to try and get extra cash off Man U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back