Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recken Baines interview was intentional so he doesn't become the next Judas by some of our fans, Baines and his agent must have knew about the incoming bid so why do an interview and EFC have to give permission as well. He gone now, we just have to try and get extra cash off Man U.

no. not everything in life is a plot. most of the time people just do stuff they actually want to do. Our best player does an interview on the club site talking positively about the club so he is going. why are we watching football if we think like this

thanks for that. its sad when we have to go to other clubs sites to get some sense. did the same when Fellaini to Arsenal started..it was full of 'I don't believe we are in with a chance of getting him' stuff as well as what a snip 24 mill would be. come back on here... loads saying he is definitely going, loads saying we could do with the cash

thanks for that. its sad when we have to go to other clubs sites to get some sense. did the same when Fellaini to Arsenal started..it was full of 'I don't believe we are in with a chance of getting him' stuff as well as what a snip 24 mill would be. come back on here... loads saying he is definitely going, loads saying we could do with the cash

I believe that is a neutral site, and not devoted to any specific club...anyway, I looks at newsnow and it popped up

If push came to shove and a firm bid came in, how would we feel if we threw £10million at United and Baines to get Rooney back to be Fellaini's replacement? Oviedo's here, Garbutt coming through (think he's the left back we got off of leeds) and we might get Lescott back yet. As much of a disaster as it would be, we could salvage something from the situation.

I believe that is a neutral site, and not devoted to any specific club...anyway, I looks at newsnow and it popped up

yeah just looked again sorry. the tone sounded like a Man U fan. a sensible one. forget there are such things as neutrals

If push came to shove and a firm bid came in, how would we feel if we threw £10million at United and Baines to get Rooney back to be Fellaini's replacement? Oviedo's here, Garbutt coming through (think he's the left back we got off of leeds) and we might get Lescott back yet. As much of a disaster as it would be, we could salvage something from the situation.
The club will not refuse any bids over 16 million due to his age. I would rather he sees how his career with us and Martinez needs to keep the defence, not sell our best players and make the job harder for Martinez. You wont see Man u making the job hard for Moyes.

The club will not refuse any bids over 16 million due to his age. I would rather he sees how his career with us and Martinez needs to keep the defence, not sell our best players and make the job harder for Martinez. You wont see Man u making the job hard for Moyes.

Apart from Baines being excellent in the attacking department and being much less effective without Pienaar (especially defensively) lets consider.
Heitinga wants away. Distin is 35 and people here are suggesting we need a replacement. Hibbert hasnt made it back fully, and Coleman has yet to put an entire season in.
Defense? Good heavens has the Moyes mantra of defend the point you are given at the start of the game rubbed off so much?

Until Baines decides to tell the Board he wonts to leave i cant see any bid getting accepted, i also cant see Man United going any higher than £15m.

If selling baines and Fellaini allowed us to bring in Rooney Honda and 2 or 3 more quality signings I'd be happy as larry and we would come out the other end stronger IMO. Them sort of players are unlikely anyway but maybe even more so if they see our best players leaving!

I do think both baines and Fellaini are replaceable with there high fees to make us a better team. Not as individual's but as making us an overall better team deffinately with what we could potentially bring in.

Unfortunately it's not footy manager, and the players we'd need we probably can't get.

Until Baines decides to tell the Board he wonts to leave i cant see any bid getting accepted, i also cant see Man United going any higher than £15m.

Well United will have an absolute **** load of money to spend this summer, and that's before player sales (Anderson, Nani, Evra/Buttner, possibly even Rooney).

He'll be allowed to make his mark on the side, and if that means 20m for Baines I am sure the club would sanction it.

For those of us panicking...

Oh, and not only is Baines to go 25% likely, no quotes etc, Fellaini is 30% likely, on that site. Looks increasingly likely we will keep them to me, Before the bid I was worried, but if United think 12mil is fair then I cannot see this one gaining legs, and if they have not already, it looks less and less likely Arsenal will bid for Felli, IMO.

h3342DE79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back