Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Baines, I love his sideburns, his short lived music blog, his magical left foot. But, if we do receive a respectable bid we have to let him go and reinvest in the squad.

He's not getting any younger and I believe we have a better chance of staying around the European places selling Baines for good money than keeping him.

If Moyes and United persist with insulting bids and this add on nonsense they can do one though.

I think Baines will be quite content to see his career out at Everton. He just seems a chilled out geezer who doesn't want a fuss. Problem is if United up the bid then I can see Kenwright reluctantly (my arse) accepting it.

The little bit of cynicism in me has me wondering if Moyes has bid because he has been encouraged. Its not a contradiction on my side but a small but awful feeling.

Moyes has been encouraged alright...by his master Ferguson. I don't think Baines will go...just my opinion, but if he does and if a large offer prises Fellaini away, the person I would have sympathy with would be Martinez.
Its all 'business' and from Moyes point of view, from day one at United he's fighting to keep his job...an entirely new scenario for the Ginger Whinger....he's always been in 'safe' jobs previously. At the moment Moyes authority at United is hardly worth anything. He will have to earn it, and lets see how soon the signs of panic start to show at OT. Moyes knows he will have 'authority' over Baines...but he'll have to earn the respect of a lot of massive players at OT ...again something currently outside the limits of his experience.

Don't really think it would of really mattered either way, someone was always going to come in for Baines, he is the best left back in the premier league. It just hurts more when it is Moyes.

Maybe not but it sticks in my throat the way he was portraying himself as 'planning our budgets and pre-season for the next manager'. Didn't mind him getting a send off but remaining in charge? 'sake everton

Maybe not but it sticks in my throat the way he was portraying himself as 'planning our budgets and pre-season for the next manager'. Didn't mind him getting a send off but remaining in charge? 'sake everton

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Didn't Moyes also say he was helpfully getting all the files and data together to present to the new manager to make his job a lot easier in transition? I wonder where stripping away the club's best player from him for a pittance fits into all that?

"Here's all your paper work Roberto...by the way, turn around, here's a knife for your back".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back