Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm certainly not going to defend the nobheads who've destroyed this club, they should do their jobs in these circumstance of course. But that issue is discrete from the one surrounding this low bid from Moyes. He's the one who stated we dont sell cheap and established that in the media, but chooses to take the piss with an insult like that.

I wonder how many people who clapped that feller off last game of the season for his lap of *honour* would have done so if they'd known he'd be back in for Everton's best player 6 weeks later with a pisstake bid?

I can 100% see your point and am not disagreeing, but I suppose the reality is that this is business and he will try and get the best deal for Man U now.

However, the ball is still very much in Everton's court, so this can be dismissed as easily as it has started.

End of the day the only way he'd move if is we accept a bid, and he agreed a contract. Both of which you can't really blame moyes for, he's made a bid for the best left back in the world so it's not that surprising, but it'd be our decision to accept it, and also baines decision to move.

End of the day the only way he'd move if is we accept a bid, and he agreed a contract. Both of which you can't really blame moyes for, he's made a bid for the best left back in the world so it's not that surprising, but it'd be our decision to accept it, and also baines decision to move.

it would only happend if Baines himself asks for it.

Moyes has burnt his bridges already for me. Offering us peanuts for our best player whilst still picking up a paycheck from us. He can get to ****!

Our best defender, free kick taker, penalty taker, player with the most assists and most consistent and integral part of our team for £12 million. It'd be an insult at double that.

Saying that, he'll be gone at £16 mil. No doubts.

I can 100% see your point and am not disagreeing, but I suppose the reality is that this is business and he will try and get the best deal for Man U now.

However, the ball is still very much in Everton's court, so this can be dismissed as easily as it has started.

That's it in a nutshell. He'll hold a knife to the throat of Everton to drive a hard bargain for United.

It's time anyone who still has the time of day for Moyes and regard him in a favourable light got real. He's no friend of Everton FC. It's all about Moyes, always was and always will be. And that yesterday hammers the nail down permanently.

Moyes know exactly what a soft touch Kenwright is. He's all eggs on toast, BlueBlood awards & 'David' Martinez press conferences.
Kenwright is from a generation gone; of handshakes and 'gentlemen's agreements' (e.g. Gosling)

Moyes has played him from the start (full well knowing the SAF was going to retire - see Mourinho's comment about knowing months beforehand) by not signing a new contract & stopping us getting any compensation.
Moyes knows Everton and Kenwright inside out. He knows that he can get Baines on the cheap. A handshake isn't going to stop the United juggernaut.

Ball's now in Kenwright court. How about some defiance Bill?

United fans think it's a massive mistake to pay £15million+ for him. Don't think he's good enough.

Like I say, outside of our fans, for a number of reasons he's not rated as highly as he should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back