Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
are people seriously suggesting that because he wont hold the same position as he did at Everton...David Moyes knew **** all about a piss take £12M bid?

FFS when are some fans gonna wake up?

1. He refused to sign a contract meaning we got feck all in compo.
2. He was meeting SAF and Giggs in Cheshire hotels while still everton manager
3. Man U come in with the same 'insulting' offer as last year.

The guy is a ****, plain and simple and people are deluded for believing all that 'ill always have everton at my heart bollocks.

Hope he is sacked by xmas the horrible ginger ****

are people seriously suggesting that because he wont hold the same position as he did at Everton...David Moyes knew **** all about a piss take £12M bid?

FFS when are some fans gonna wake up?

1. He refused to sign a contract meaning we got feck all in compo.
2. He was meeting SAF and Giggs in Cheshire hotels while still everton manager
3. Man U come in with the same 'insulting' offer as last year.

The guy is a ****, plain and simple and people are deluded for believing all that 'ill always have everton at my heart bollocks.

Hope he is sacked by xmas the horrible ginger ****

Of course he probably knows about the amount. But what's he gonna do? Tell them not to? Go high, we say yes, Baines is gone by the end of the week? He'll have no say in what United want to finally offer.

When it came down to bids for other players, Moyes never had full control on the amount Everton bid for players. He always praised the board for hammering out deals for Fellaini etc, said we paid too much for Pienaar (2nd time round), and if he was all powering he'd have had Leroy Fer signed by January. Instead, he said it fell through for some reason that was out of his hands.

Why the **** do people think we ended up with Roberto Martinez and not somebody like Bielsa or Pereira?

Would the latter two have agreed to a sell-to-buy policy and asked no questions of money everybody knows will be flowing into the club's coffers simply disappearing, lies told by the chairman that he'll put his hand in his pocket and will not sell the best players?

Of course not.

So that's why we've got Roberto Martinez, and that's why we'll end up with **** like Sisqo, McGready and Alcatraz or whatever their names are.

Load of ****e Everton.

It goes from "Keep best players, chairman will provide money for transfers as he knows its important we kick on and improve" to our ex-manager bidding peanuts for our best player, utter **** players with no sell-on value (criminal for a club like Everton) linked for way OTT fees (6m for Kone, wtf?) and complete negativity once again surrounding the club. All within about two weeks.

Small time carts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moyes won't decide the bidding amounts or negotiation tactics at United.

Even SAF didn't fully though he was consulted.

What do you expect United to do ? Bid 50 million and negotiate backwards ? There are business people incharge.

Why the **** do people think we ended up with Roberto Martinez and not somebody like Bielsa or Pereira?

Would the latter two have agreed to a sell-to-buy policy and asked no questions of money everybody knows will be flowing into the club's coffers simply disappearing, lies told by the chairman that he'll put his hand in his pocket and will not sell the best players?

Of course not.

So that's why we've got Roberto Martinez, and that's why we'll end up with **** like Sisqo, McGready and Alcatraz or whatever their names are.

Load of ****e Everton.

It goes from "Keep best players, chairman will provide money for transfers as he knows its important we kick on and improve" to our ex-manager bidding peanuts for our best player, utter **** players with no sell-on value (criminal for a club like Everton) linked for way OTT fees (6m for Kone, wtf?) and complete negativity once again surrounding the club. All within about two weeks.

Small time carts.

Blue Bill for you. Clap clap clap.

Last edited:

Think we should put a 10 million pound bid in for Rooney just for a giggle and make it public knowledge showing 2 can play that game.

I remember Lescott at 28 went for £24m, he did rock the boat and sort of forced us into that sale. Baines probably won't. I'm pretty sure that until Man Utd are going to offer us a ball park down payment of around £20m that this just won't happen. Arteta to Arsenal for £10m was a whole different scenario.

Think we should put a 10 million pound bid in for Rooney just for a giggle and make it public knowledge showing 2 can play that game.

Agree with this. They'd laugh at it but it is about as reasonable as their bid.

Can't believe todays papers seem to think £15m or £16m will get him. I wouldn't take less than £18m and that is undervaluing him massively.

I do question whether Moyes would have bid if he didn't have assurances from Baines that he'd go there tbh.

I do question whether Moyes would have bid if he didn't have assurances from Baines that he'd go there tbh.

If the bid is accepted Baines would obviously go to United. People are being too romantic if they believe he will reject it.

Jordi Alba, David Alaba and Marcelo are untouchable. Not saying they are better than Baines but they are the left-backs at the top 3 clubs in the world.

Baines is the worlds best available left-back and his value should match that, if he were to go for less than £20million it will be a terrible deal for the club.

If the bid is accepted Baines would obviously go to United. People are being too romantic if they believe he will reject it.

He has rejected them in the past. I agree to an extent that he drives the transfer. We will accept a bid eventually if united want him that badly, because Bill is the worst negotiator in the world.

If Baines wants trophies, he goes to united, if he wants to be a hero, he stays here.

Yes but the question is will he try to force the move through. If he doesn't try to force it I don't think we will sell him. Moyes has pissed me off with this tho, he's a cheeky Cnut! I seriously wouldn't sell baines for less than 25 million, if we got less than 20 I think I would cry

Jordi Alba, David Alaba and Marcelo are untouchable. Not saying they are better than Baines but they are the left-backs at the top 3 clubs in the world.

Baines is the worlds best available left-back and his value should match that, if he were to go for less than £20million it will be a terrible deal for the club.

I've watched those 3 a few times and still i'm convinced Baines is better. I do get your point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back