Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordi Alba, David Alaba and Marcelo are untouchable. Not saying they are better than Baines but they are the left-backs at the top 3 clubs in the world.

Baines is the worlds best available left-back and his value should match that, if he were to go for less than £20million it will be a terrible deal for the club.

Agreed

Agree with this. They'd laugh at it but it is about as reasonable as their bid.

Can't believe todays papers seem to think £15m or £16m will get him. I wouldn't take less than £18m and that is undervaluing him massively.

Don't undervalue him, he is in his prime ans the best left back in Europe £25min

I think they will offer 20m, but with add ons. Probably 15m up front or something.

Like other posters have said, they aren't bidding for the sake of it, they want him and know they will have to increase from that pi55 poor start off bid.

You couldn't begrudge Bainsey for leaving, even if he asks for it. He's given absolutely everything for this club and has carried us at times. With them he can win the league, champions league, whatever. If Baines asks to leave I think we'll end up accepting £17-£18m for him; if he doesn't we could probably stretch them to £20m

United will get their man. It's their first major signing of a new era so they'll need to pull out the stops as a statement of intent.

VIBRAC = Robert Earl + Co
Loan = £15 due this summer
Everton sell Baines 15m -18m
Loan paid pack to Robert Earl and Co
Robert Earl never bothered to turn up for the EGM...Bill "We wont sell our best players"

You couldn't begrudge Bainsey for leaving, even if he asks for it. He's given absolutely everything for this club and has carried us at times. With them he can win the league, champions league, whatever. If Baines asks to leave I think we'll end up accepting £17-£18m for him; if he doesn't we could probably stretch them to £20m

United will get their man. It's their first major signing of a new era so they'll need to pull out the stops as a statement of intent.

I agree. I´m 100% sure Baines will end up at United. Moyes will need to prove he can handle big money transfers and this is how he´s chosen to do it. For us it´s just about getting maximum value. Of course Baines will want to go, who wouldn´t.

Has he been sold yet? Again?

Has a bid 100% gone in yet? Again?

Is the bid still exactly the same price as aht evey other false claim that a bid has gone in?

Some massive leaps to conclusions here.

It was only a little over 6 months ago when claims that Baines had agreed a deal with United, was reported in numerous papers, the very same papers that are reporting this. SAme rumours, different managers name.

VIBRAC = Robert Earl + Co
Loan = £15 due this summer
Everton sell Baines 15m -18m
Loan paid pack to Robert Earl and Co
Robert Earl never bothered to turn up for the EGM...Bill "We wont sell our best players"

Our loans from Vibrac are paid back every Summer aren't they? As they are bridging loans and should make no difference to our transfer budget as it's an arrangement that has been going on for some time now.

I don't know why Kenwright's opponents feel the need to exaggerate our far from ideal financial plight because all it does is create an excuse as to why money shouldn't be spent on the squad.

I don't think we can sell Baines and spend £20m and become a better team. We'd have to get very, very lucky. I'd be absolutely furious if we sold him -- don't care about debating between 15m or 20m -- it won't make us a better team at any of those prices.

I felt embarrassed when sky were on about a fella who was being paid by Everton had just lodged a bid to buy Everton's best player for the team he will start work for on Monday.

I don't mind selling Baines as long as all the cash goes on the squad. If we get 18 million for him, then sound, we have enough money to go and buy Negredo, who is a boss, boss striker!

Then we can sell Fellaini and buy Moses and Honda.... Job Done!

Oviedo or even Distin can do a good enough job at left back!

I'd have absolutely no problem with that at all, and all of those purchases are well within the realms of possibility if we get the cash from player sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back