Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
United fans think it's a massive mistake to pay £15million+ for him. Don't think he's good enough.

Like I say, outside of our fans, for a number of reasons he's not rated as highly as he should.

Every fan of every club in the world throughout history thinks that nearly all money their club pays is OTT for players. That's simply no argument at all.

We're getting mugged here. No arsing around with fancy counter-arguments about context. £10-£12M is a boot in the bollocks and so is anything shy of £20M.

Every fan of every club in the world throughout history thinks that nearly all money their club pays is OTT for players. That's simply no argument at all.

We're getting mugged here. No arsing around with fancy counter-arguments about context. £10-£12M is a boot in the bollocks and so is anything shy of £20M.

Dave, have a cake and nice lie down. I'll come round and massage your feet if you like

It's not worth the rage, if he is to go, it will be more than 12 Mil and there's no guarantee he wants to leave anyway

We're a club with potential to grow, he might want to be part of that

Goosfrabah

Be very surprised if United bid £20m, VERY. And i think that will be the price we'd at least want, especially with Baines not being one to force a move.

I said at the time that once Moyes had agreed to leave then he should of walked. No big send off and all that nonsense, you get your round of applause on your return to goodison or your supposed to but I for one will not clap that hypocritical two-faced ****house now. Hope he crashes and burns at Utd. If he rates Baines that highly then he can pay the price or fook off! 30mil is the minumum I'd take, and as its moyes I'd add another 10mil on to that. If that is to much the sod of utd!

Last edited:
Somehow I cant see SAF in the past allowing a suit like Gill or Kenyon to price what he thought was value for a player. I see no reason that the most knowledgeable person in the world about Baines - his ex-manager for the past 7 years - would defer to David Gill or anyone else on that bid.

*Moyes didn't know* is a very shaky explanation for the £10-12M insult.

They probably wouldnt set the value of players leaving the club. Incomings though its pretty standard. Im sure they have some input on the deals but if a manager says I want player x, the club will try and get them for the best deal. If the prices goes too high then im sure the manager would put the kybosh on the deal.

Im not defending Moyes or anything though, far from it, I barely supported him when he was here!

I wonder how many people who clapped that feller off last game of the season for his lap of *honour* would have done so if they'd known he'd be back in for Everton's best player 6 weeks later with a pisstake bid?

The same people who **** off those who apparently clap Kenwright (and I'm not a fan of Bill, either).

Two cheeks/same arse.

Moyes always was a **** deep down.

They probably wouldnt set the value of players leaving the club. Incomings though its pretty standard. Im sure they have some input on the deals but if a manager says I want player x, the club will try and get them for the best deal. If the prices goes too high then im sure the manager would put the kybosh on the deal.

Im not defending Moyes or anything though, far from it, I barely supported him when he was here!

You should put a curse on him and have him belch a digusting greenish black vomit (y)

The ULLLLLLLLLLLLLTIMATE MOYES!!!

DaveK

The VIBRAC loan due this summer is,nt it = £15m hmmmmmmmmmmmm

The new sky money does,nt kick in till the eNd of this season so that money will be too late.

Bill's defiance will be to include Fellani into the deal.

We are going to get played like a fcuking piano and Moyes holds a M16 with grenade launcher to this knife fight.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Martinez, if we have a bad start JT will be thrown under the bus.

It will be an absolute disgrace if we sell Baines and Fellaini (champions league quality players) and replace them with a load of average wank that could easily be playing at Sunderland or West Ham.

If Baines and Fellaini go, then we really aught to be looking at buying someone like Rooney and Honda, or a Negrado and Honda.

I'm sick of our small time attitude.

Very much doubt Moyes chose the figure for Utd's opening bid. He won't currently have the level of control at Utd that he had here.

Can't blame him for getting Utd to bid for the country's best left back.

HOWEVER, how he acts now that we've stated he's not for sale will determine how much, if any respect I maintain for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back