Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, I look at the other other side of it and think will he walk straight into uniteds team ? would they be willing to drop the captain ? It all depends if leighton actually wants to leave. Like you say we will see

He would be stupid to turn down an opportunity with Man United, that does not mean he hates Everton, just that he wants to progress in his job !

United need 2 good left backs !

Would we be picking up so many free bees if we knew we were gonna sell him? I know you need numbers but apart from replacing him where else would moyes look to spend? Would hate to see him go and none of the money being spent.

The Celtic left back, and that Wolves yard-dog, have been linked.

Not seen enough of the Honduran Celtic lad tbh.

Ummmmm:

David â€￾@lcabbabeh
@RonnieIrani1 VERY hopeful , Kid . looks like Yous will Poach Bainsey , but circa £18M will be reinvested . Donovan , a Striker perhaps.Good

Do I not like that news, further, it sounds that we won,t have that much money to spend with the word "perhaps" inserted.

Would Luke Garbutt be able to step up? Has anyone seen him play?

Definitely not to bainesey's standard but duffy is very able and distin can move out wide

I still dont want to see baines leave but if we can re invest half the fee that is growth

Baines is an interesting one really. He is clearly one of our best players, by quite a way.

However, when he wasn't in our team at the end of the season we scored loads of goals. Weird.

Anyway, as i've said before, if he goes then who takes my free kicks on FIFA?

I was at the 4-0 Sunderland win. Yes they were poor, but it proved we can score without him being the source. A team will always miss a player of his quality - but perhaps we have become over-reliant in some ways. Because we cannot afford/attract that kind of quality in all positions, it is often too easy for the rest to think he would bail them out when needed.

Who know's what's going on - most media and supposed ITK's say he is gone whilst Moyes and journos like Prentice maintain that there hasn't even been contact. Time will tell. Concerned at the latest twitterings of £12M + £4M add-ons though - hardly the 'hard sell' that Moyes and BK go on about.

Can only think if that is the case the £12M is all up-front rather than over the period of the contract (thus being able to give the bank their lump-sum cut and still be able to reinvest what's left) + perhaps Baines not demanding a pay-off part way through a contract (as no doubt he'd be entitled if he didn't put in a transfer request).

Still like to dream we're a club who could keep and build around such players - but alas we live in the real world.

20m cash.

I'd also be flogging Jagielka to the highest bidder, probably another 8m there.

28m to reinvest, I believe we'd come out of the summer much stronger as a squad. Look at Newcastle when they got a shedload of money for Carroll.

We'd get a 5m left back, 5m centre back, Pienaar for 3m, a striker for 7-10m and possibly a loan or two. Two first teamers out, possibly three of four in, plus a squad player or two.

On the one hand I would be gutted to see Baines go, but if we did some good deals we could end up looking brilliant for it.

I haven't seen him play but it's highly unlikely that a teenager who hasn't played a minute in the Premier League would be able to replace a full England international who is a vital part of the way we play, like Baines.

Garbutt is not ready for premiership at least another 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back