Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke Garbutt may be a deciding factor in a possible Leighton Baines transfer.If David Moyes thinks that Garbutt will make a premiership footballer and is ready to play now it would make the decision to sell that much easier.
Garbutt will be 20 next birthday and is after almost a full season of first team football(albeit at a lower level).The manager may feel that his progress at Everton could be stunted by having Leighton Baines in the team ahead of him.

Because we can't replace him? There really isn't a better left back in the league to replace him with. Sure a few more players who aren't fantastic in their positions might look good, but we're losing potentially our best player mate, and I hate it.

Indeed. However at the end of the day he is a left back. Left backs shouldnt really be your best player.

If you can replace him with a decent option (doesnt have to be from the premier league) and improve other areas it would be good business. Ideally he wont go but its not the end of the world if he does.

Leighton Baines is one of the best left backs in europe. Selling him only makes you weaker, Most of our goals come from him or from a move he started. Keeping him along with fellaini would go a long way to making everton a bigger and better team. Couple more players in on a free and stevie p back home and it will be the best summer everton have had in a long time.

Baines is an interesting one really. He is clearly one of our best players, by quite a way.

However, when he wasn't in our team at the end of the season we scored loads of goals. Weird.

Anyway, as i've said before, if he goes then who takes my free kicks on FIFA?

Baines is an interesting one really. He is clearly one of our best players, by quite a way.

However, when he wasn't in our team at the end of the season we scored loads of goals. Weird.

Jonny Heitinga ?

Leighton Baines is one of the best left backs in europe. Selling him only makes you weaker, Most of our goals come from him or from a move he started. Keeping him along with fellaini would go a long way to making everton a bigger and better team. Couple more players in on a free and stevie p back home and it will be the best summer everton have had in a long time.

...and we signed 'one of Europe's bets left backs' for £5 million, how do you know we cant do the same again ??

People get older, football moves on. You have have to embrace change.

Players ARE out their, and its not a given that we will get a better option, but its not certain that we wont find a player just as good.

Remember, it was Moyes that made Baines, Lescott and Jags the players they are, and could do the same again.

maybe our game wasn't so easy to figure out when he wasn't playing. It kinda forced us to play differently and opponents were like wtf! dunno...

Losing your world-class left back isn't as bad as losing your world-class almost-anything-else. I'd love to keep him, but if he goes and we use the money Rooney style and not Lescott style there's a chance we could improve the overall quality of our squad.

Ummmmm:

David â€￾@lcabbabeh
@RonnieIrani1 VERY hopeful , Kid . looks like Yous will Poach Bainsey , but circa £18M will be reinvested . Donovan , a Striker perhaps.Good

but football has changed so much over the past 5-6 years we signed leighton baines for 6 million from wigan. If that was now leighton would cost us top ends on 10-12 million. We DONT have that sort of money and can we wait around for 4-5 years for that player to develope into what leighton is now ? My answer is no. So dont sell him and lets build a team around the likes of felli baines jelavic rodwell barkley. sell off the dead wood ie victor yobo.

but football has changed so much over the past 5-6 years we signed leighton baines for 6 million from wigan. If that was now leighton would cost us top ends on 10-12 million. We DONT have that sort of money and can we wait around for 4-5 years for that player to develope into what leighton is now ? My answer is no. So dont sell him and lets build a team around the likes of felli baines jelavic rodwell barkley. sell off the dead wood ie victor yobo.

We don't live in an ideal world mate, and if we have to wait, we have to wait.

Losing our left back, is not going to end us. We managed without him back end of last season.

I would like a left back that is very good defensive, so maybe we can actually improve, if we have attackers that can be our best attackers....rather than our left back.

It is not the end of the world.

We don't live in an ideal world mate, and if we have to wait, we have to wait.

Losing our left back, is not going to end us. We managed without him back end of last season.

I would like a left back that is very good defensive, so maybe we can actually improve, if we have attackers that can be our best attackers....rather than our left back.

It is not the end of the world.

I agree mate, Bainesy leaving isnt the end of the world but i do think it weakens us massivly.

I agree mate, Bainesy leaving isnt the end of the world but i do think it weakens us massivly.

We will see.

As much as we don't want to acknowledge it, we are struggling financially, and that is just as big an issue as the team.

We (and 99% of clubs) need to consider decent sized offers for players.

Also, Baines deserves a top club. If we think he is that good, surely he should get a Champions League chance ???!!

It isn't the end of the world if he goes but i'd rather he stayed.

Having said that if he left and it financed moves for Johnson and Pienaar then i'd live with that as long as we didn't end up with Pip at left back with Hibbo at right.

We will see.

As much as we don't want to acknowledge it, we are struggling financially, and that is just as big an issue as the team.

We (and 99% of clubs) need to consider decent sized offers for players.

Also, Baines deserves a top club. If we think he is that good, surely he should get a Champions League chance ???!!

Agreed, I look at the other other side of it and think will he walk straight into uniteds team ? would they be willing to drop the captain ? It all depends if leighton actually wants to leave. Like you say we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back