Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the Guardian today:

"As fellow investors now appear to be telling Stan Kroenke, Arsenal face a bleak choice. They either up their game and try to make themselves top dogs in London again, pitting their pockets against the rather deeper ones at Chelsea, or they become the Everton of the south and accept that prizes have been priced out of their reach."

True. Not flattering one bit. But true.

Full article here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jul/07/arsenal-robin-van-persie

Welcome to hoping to be the "best of the rest".

It's been a long day and I'm not super chipper. Three Makers on the rocks should right the ship.

From the Guardian today:

"As fellow investors now appear to be telling Stan Kroenke, Arsenal face a bleak choice. They either up their game and try to make themselves top dogs in London again, pitting their pockets against the rather deeper ones at Chelsea, or they become the Everton of the south and accept that prizes have been priced out of their reach."

True. Not flattering one bit. But true.

Full article here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jul/07/arsenal-robin-van-persie

Welcome to hoping to be the "best of the rest".

It's been a long day and I'm not super chipper. Three Makers on the rocks should right the ship.

Haha, would love to have Arsenal's problems

If we sell Baines for 20mill, and get the rumoured players in that are out of contract...plus spend the money on a pienaar and someone else...

I can't see where this would be a bad deal. 1 player out - 3 to 4 in?

If we sell Baines for 20mill, and get the rumoured players in that are out of contract...plus spend the money on a pienaar and someone else...

I can't see where this would be a bad deal. 1 player out - 3 to 4 in?

Because we can't replace him? There really isn't a better left back in the league to replace him with. Sure a few more players who aren't fantastic in their positions might look good, but we're losing potentially our best player mate, and I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back