Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we can't replace him? There really isn't a better left back in the league to replace him with. Sure a few more players who aren't fantastic in their positions might look good, but we're losing potentially our best player mate, and I hate it.

No team has ever won or been succssful because a full back has carried the team. You can't replace his talent, but you can put a good player in his position and hope to reinvest in some quality elsewhere that will push the team on.

I don't want him to go, but its the nature of the club

Not many people out there are as good as Baines and by out there I mean in Europe. Seen someone say earlier players grow old and move on is 27 old? We will miss his best years like most of the players we have moved on. Pienaar is great and so is Donovan but really selling Baines so we can buy two lads over 30?

I think people underestimate how much we will miss Baines due to the fact we scored a few goals while he was injured.

When we sign someone like Ward you will all be having hissy fits at how ****e he is and how good Baines was!

Not many people out there are as good as Baines and by out there I mean in Europe. Seen someone say earlier players grow old and move on is 27 old? We will miss his best years like most of the players we have moved on. Pienaar is great and so is Donovan but really selling Baines so we can buy two lads over 30?

I think people underestimate how much we will miss Baines due to the fact we scored a few goals while he was injured.

When we sign someone like Ward you will all be having hissy fits at how ****e he is and how good Baines was!

What is wrong with looking on the positive side ???

If it is going to affect and hurt you that much, that we lose an Employees, then go and support the team he moves too !!!

Baines is outgrowing us, and will go at some point, so we nee to get the best we can for him, and City dont want him, so we can wave goodbye to a Lescott type fee !!

If he has to go then so be it. But this team will change completely without him and a capable replacement isn't on the current roster.

Pienaar is great and so is Donovan but really selling Baines so we can buy two lads over 30?

I'm not entirely sure this is the correct thought process. It's more that Baines is going to go, and those are the players mooted to take the fee. I don't think Moyes is selling Baines to get two wide players, no, that doesn't make any sense.

Thats silly though. Just because we would get rid of Moyes doesnt mean we would replace him with a yard dog.

Its the same as people who fear Moyes leaving because we will replace him with Gary Megson.

Holian9 said:
I remember a while ago reading that Bill said he'd never sell Fellaini & Baines.

Surely that doesnt apply if the player wants to leave or if Moyes says its OK to do so. I think he meant he wouldnt sell them to appease the bank. Though that was a lie anyway because he would have no choice if things got that bad!

What is wrong with looking on the positive side ???

If it is going to affect and hurt you that much, that we lose an Employees, then go and support the team he moves too !!!

Baines is outgrowing us, and will go at some point, so we nee to get the best we can for him, and City dont want him, so we can wave goodbye to a Lescott type fee !!

Personally if he dug his heels in and said NO to Bill on a move i would be very happy. The players like him, the fans want him except for a very samll minded minority.

I still refuse to believe hie is going anywhere. I just cant see it. The majority of talk about him going to United is to replace Evra in a year or so. regardless of whether he will ge a medal or not, (though even that is no longer guranteed at United) I wonder whether he will go in as a second fiddle right now. He may aswell stay here this year, then go as first choice next year.

Part of my thoughts are that we could well be seeing the end of United's dominance and I wonder if players would want to be a part of that. Ferguson will no doubt leave in 3 years or so, and at that point there is a good chance that Baines will be trophyless then anyway. I honestly think, that if we do the right things this close season, we have as good a chance of a trophy this year, as United. I really do feel that we can give the FA cup and Mickey Mouse cup a good run.

It could however just be me falling into my usual excited, child like, naive, perspective-less, pre-season self. The exact same self that I promise every year I wont fall in to. Bugger.

Personally if he dug his heels in and said NO to Bill on a move i would be very happy. The players like him, the fans want him except for a very samll minded minority.

I would be happy with that also. You deal with the situation at hand.

IMO, Baines will be daft to turn down this opportunity.

Also, we know we have to sell players, so is it not best to sell high ??!!

I still refuse to believe hie is going anywhere. I just cant see it. The majority of talk about him going to United is to replace Evra in a year or so. regardless of whether he will ge a medal or not, (though even that is no longer guranteed at United) I wonder whether he will go in as a second fiddle right now. He may aswell stay here this year, then go as first choice next year.

Part of my thoughts are that we could well be seeing the end of United's dominance and I wonder if players would want to be a part of that. Ferguson will no doubt leave in 3 years or so, and at that point there is a good chance that Baines will be trophyless then anyway. I honestly think, that if we do the right things this close season, we have as good a chance of a trophy this year, as United. I really do feel that we can give the FA cup and Mickey Mouse cup a good run.

It could however just be me falling into my usual excited, child like, naive, perspective-less, pre-season self. The exact same self that I promise every year I wont fall in to. Bugger.

This should be in the 'Blue tinted specs' thread !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back