Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a massive fan of the Times. How extensive is that Baines story and what does it actually say?

I'm not a massive fan of the Times. How extensive is that Baines story and what does it actually say?

From the Times:

Manchester United are ready to make a £10 million bid for Leighton Baines, the Everton and England left back. United could move within the week or once David Gill, the chief executive, returns from holiday in the United States soon after.
Everton value Baines at more than £15 million, but United are unlikely to be willing to do business at that price. However, Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, is confident of securing a deal for the 27-year-old, who has three years still to run on his contract at Goodison Park.

Just a load of speculation, really. Journalism is so easy these days, just make up some rubbish and there you are.

We're do they dream this **** up 10 mill. Fkn [Poor language removed] !!!!!!!!!!!!

The trouble is, with Kenwright at the helm, that may be all it takes to get him. A chairman and a board with some business balls would tell United to get stuffed for anything less than 20 mill, but this gang of clowns has run this club so poorly, they might snap Feguson's hand off for half that.

The trouble is, with Kenwright at the helm, that may be all it takes to get him. A chairman and a board with some business balls would tell United to get stuffed for anything less than 20 mill, but this gang of clowns has run this club so poorly, they might snap Feguson's hand off for half that.

They won't sell for 10m mate, no way.

From the Times:

Manchester United are ready to make a £10 million bid for Leighton Baines, the Everton and England left back. United could move within the week or once David Gill, the chief executive, returns from holiday in the United States soon after.
Everton value Baines at more than £15 million, but United are unlikely to be willing to do business at that price. However, Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, is confident of securing a deal for the 27-year-old, who has three years still to run on his contract at Goodison Park.

Just a load of speculation, really. Journalism is so easy these days, just make up some rubbish and there you are.

no quotes again - it doesn't say ferguson said "I am confident ...."
do journos actually have no shame in what they do, it is a fairly pointless job it has to be said

I wish I had your confidence. But when it comes to this club's upper management, I just always fear the worst.

I don't have much confidence in them either mate, but they won't sell cheap. Moyes wouldn't have it.

How is London? I have a kopite mate who lives there. He's off to see Toronto FC v the sh*te next week like.

I don't have much confidence in them either mate, but they won't sell cheap. Moyes wouldn't have it.

How is London? I have a kopite mate who lives there. He's off to see Toronto FC v the sh*te next week like.

It's been a freaking steambath all summer. Not even 11 in the morning here and already it's 25 degrees. Can't complain, though; at least you don't have to shovel humidity.
Too bad about your mate, going to watch the ****e vs. the ****e. I'd rather slit my balls with a rusty razor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back