Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines is worth £20.25 million to Everton, but only £13.75m to Man Utd. We will negotiate with them until the bid reaches £18.25m and then we will sell.

Baines is worth £20.25 million to Everton, but only £13.75m to Man Utd. We will negotiate with them until the bid reaches £18.25m and then we will sell.

Bit precise like?

Baines isn't going unless £20m is offered surely? Why would we sell for anything less? And £20m CASH at that. Who else are Man U going to sign at left back?

Martin Lipton reckons it's close to be done and that the fee will end up around £13-14mil

If that is really how it plays out, I'll be very disappointed

baines has been back at ff thursday and fri even thou hes not due back till next week ,its out of his hands ,he doesnt want to go

ha the guy works for the mirror?

Yeah. I've noticed all summer the mirror have been pushing losses for us. They ran with the Fellaini to Chelsea link, Moyes to Spurs being almost a done deal the second Harry left and first ran with Baines to United for £5mil a while back. The first two have since been proven wrong, here's to hoping they're as clueless on this one as well. But still, I think things have gone far too well for us so far this summer for us to avoid some kind of major let down before the season even starts...

I'll be really pisses if he goes and he doesn't even want to. Lescott and Arteta both wanted to go as far as I'm aware.

If we are selling people who don't even want to go then we are badly screwed.

I'll be really pisses if he goes and he doesn't even want to. Lescott and Arteta both wanted to go as far as I'm aware.

If we are selling people who don't even want to go then we are badly screwed.
Agreed. Would want cash AND Rooney for Baines. But totally agree.

Oh and the price being touted is laughable.

If he goes for less than £16m then, A) we've been had, and B) my theory that United have something over us or there's some sort of dodgy link is almost certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back