Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

its been a sore point for me thats baines isnt the england left back, so i make quite a point of watching Cole whenever he plays and i have to say the only thing i think he has on Baines is pace. on that note i think his pace gets him"out of jail" quite a bit. his positioning isnt as clever as leightons' by a long yard. For me Leighton is the better defender AND attacker.

Cole is a better player lads, I dont care what the 'stats' say. However, Baines is still absolutely quality and anyless than preciseley 18.5 mill for him and someone needs slapping.

its been a sore point for me thats baines isnt the england left back, so i make quite a point of watching Cole whenever he plays and i have to say the only thing i think he has on Baines is pace. on that note i think his pace gets him"out of jail" quite a bit. his positioning isnt as clever as leightons' by a long yard. For me Leighton is the better defender AND attacker.

Baines England games have not helped him. He was ok, but defensively he was shocking!

Baines may be the better player but Cole's the better defender for me and stats often mean very little (assuming they're reliable). Cole's the more clever, quicker and competitive player for me. He's done it time and time again against the best. Again, having watched him boss the best in europe defensively, consistently, there's no chance that Baines is better defensively, for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back