Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play Brennan - interesting read. I still wouldn't have Baines as the best left back in the league defensively. He stands off and allows too many crosses in for my liking. That aside I do think he's the best left back in the league by a decent margin

He is not poor imo, just not great. He backs off, and is often out of position. But he is not the worst at it !

£15 Million is were im at with him, anything more is a bit silly !

Alba just cost £12 million. Armero is costing Juventus £7 Million!

NO COMMENT - all the best full backs BACK OFF - that's what they should do - and time their tackle for the right moment (or in desperation) - beaten 24 times to Cole's 38 is the key number. Of course he's out of position occasionally - he's supporting the attack!!!

Do we have Baines stats for last season ??

I have access to them.

Dribbled past - Baines 10 Cole 29
Ground 50/50s won - Baines 55% Cole - 53%
Aerial 50/50s won - Baines 36% Cole - 45%
Tackle success - Baines 72% Cole 72%
Interceptions - Baines 66 Cole 52
Loss of possession - Baines 28 Cole 29 (Important to note that Baines played 180 minutes more than Cole, but still wins)

And of course Baines absolutely DESTROYS cole in attacking statistics. More than twice as many chances created from open play, three times as many crosses (and a higher crossing accuracy), nearly three times as many successful dribbles.

One thing that might surprise people though, is that Patrice Evra actually beats Baines in many statistics. Including (surprisingly) the amount of successful dribbles, 51 to Baines' 28.

NO COMMENT - all the best full backs BACK OFF - that's what they should do - and time their tackle for the right moment (or in desperation) - beaten 24 times to Cole's 38 is the key number. Of course he's out of position occasionally - he's supporting the attack!!!

Backs off TOO much !

I know what they should do ffs !

This is a classic case of a pundit on TV says Cole is world class and the best in the world and people believe it

I have access to them.

Dribbled past - Baines 10 Cole 29
Ground 50/50s won - Baines 55% Cole - 53%
Aerial 50/50s won - Baines 36% Cole - 45%
Tackle success - Baines 72% Cole 72%
Interceptions - Baines 66 Cole 52
Loss of possession - Baines 28 Cole 29 (Important to note that Baines played 180 minutes more than Cole, but still wins)

And of course Baines absolutely DESTROYS cole in attacking statistics. More than twice as many chances created from open play, three times as many crosses (and a higher crossing accuracy), nearly three times as many successful dribbles.

One thing that might surprise people though, is that Patrice Evra actually beats Baines in many statistics. Including (surprisingly) the amount of successful dribbles, 51 to Baines' 28.

So what this does prove, is that nothing is proved !!!

cena nailed it, were all told Cole is the best so the sheep believe it, just like were all suppose to believe that Ibra is overated and Capello is a poor manager, the stats prove not just marginally but overwhelmingly that Baines is now the superior player

Got a feeling Evra's stats might surprise a few people:

2hz4w45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back