Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone willing to guess how many left backs there are in the world?

Anyone willing to guess how many left backs there are in the world as good as Baines playing for a debt ridden club who are desperate to sell in order to appease the banks/pay for Bobby Elstone's cycling holidays?

panic.gif

Let's be brutally realistic here. If United bid £12m for Baines, he's gone.

Probably mate.

That's my main problem with the club. If we sign, discover, or nurture any players that become boss, they just get taken off us or leave and we end up starting again. All these footy manager playing wannabe's who say "sell him for 15m and bring in blah blah blah for this that and the other..." are obviously missing the point.

We ain't winning ****, ever, if we are having to constantly rebuild to stay at the same level. Unless football changes soon, The top 4 are being solidified as top 4 for life thanks to the aggressive global marketing of these 'Sky 4' brands.

Makes it pretty pointless watching or supporting football to be honest. It's already become a billionaires plaything.

Probably mate.

That's my main problem with the club. If we sign, discover, or nurture any players that become boss, they just get taken off us or leave and we end up starting again. All these footy manager playing wannabe's who say "sell him for 15m and bring in blah blah blah for this that and the other..." are obviously missing the point.

We ain't winning ****, ever, if we are having to constantly rebuild to stay at the same level. Unless football changes soon, The top 4 are being solidified as top 4 for life thanks to global marketing of a brand.

Makes it pretty pointless watching or supporting football to be honest. It's already become a billionaires plaything.

Is the right answer.

So, elephant polo lads?

Right, Everton Football Club needs to show some balls and put this to bed with a press release they do not wish to sell the lad.

This **** is going to unsettle our preperations for the start of the season and I would,nt past AF that this is part of his ploy to drag this on for the draw last season and rattle the club leading up to the start of the first game against UTD.

Baines does not want to go, tha fans want him to stay so comon everton put this **** to bed.

Appologies for the langauage but it,s really starting to get on my tits as we have real chance this season to push on with the squad.

Why do we? They haven't made a bid or made any contact according to LCAB/THT. Would be a bit random for us to say Baines is not for sale and we did, it wouldn't mean anything as if they bid high enough we all know he will leave.

The question is, why would Baines go to play second fiddle/compete with Evra, there is no way Taggart will pay top money for a reserve left back who is only a few years younger than his current one

Let's be brutally realistic here. If United bid £12m for Baines, he's gone.

Disagree here, he wont go for that low a fee, not a chance.

The only way we'll accept a bid like that is if the banks come seriously knocking at the door again, which apparently they're not.

Anyone willing to guess how many left backs there are in the world as good as Baines playing for a debt ridden club who are desperate to sell in order to appease the banks/pay for Bobby Elstone's cycling holidays?

Fair point, but my point still stands: Baines' name isn't mentioned in the article. There is definitely more than one left back in the world United would sign, especially as what we're all assuming would be 2nd choice.

Probably mate.

We ain't winning ****, ever, if we are having to constantly rebuild to stay at the same level. Unless football changes soon, The top 4 are being solidified as top 4 for life thanks to the aggressive global marketing of these 'Sky 4' brands.

yeah but we thought this about man utd, arsenal, liverpool and chelsea a few years back, that top 4 got broken, and newcastle nearly managed to force their way in last season by selling and rebuilding as opposed to the multi millions the team they finished above (chelsea) have spent. i wouldn't have minded too much if we got £20 mill for baines had we brought in pranjic because he would have been a useful deputy on a free to let us spend the money elsewhere in the team. we really should have shown some interest in a player like that, gotta admit we where poor there. i know pienaar was our priority but im sure we could have concentrated on more than one player at a time.

all in all, i hope we come out and say he's not for sale or refuse anything for less than £25 million because there are no good replacements available on a free anymore. if we ended spunking the money on donovan (who we could get for free in jan) and dempsey (bit too old for the fee he's commanding) i would not be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back