Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
More bad news about my plant, Leighton, I fear. It looks to have stopped drooping, but parts of it are turning red. I wish I was making this up... pics to follow.

i've said i reckon they will finish 3rd because their squad is so weak compared to those two.but this was the case last season and they were 1 minute away from winning the league, fergie just has that knack. if he wasn't there, you would look at that team with not a lot to fear, rooney the only one? valencia, young and nani are all good, but i wouldn't say consistancy is their strong point. also without vidic, their defence is not too great, promising players and a ferdinand who is coming to the end of his tether. can't wait to see how they fare when fergie retires, they wont slide massively because of their income, but they i doubt they'll be wining late games

I hold Ferguson in very high regard, I think history will judge him as the best British manager there's ever been, however I don't think he's the man he was 5/10 years ago. Last season City were a state, they had inexperience at sealing the title and had so many off and on the field problems it was a joke, like wise Chelsea engaged in civil war midway through the campaign. Neither of those big hitters look like they'll have any of those problems this campaign and both have/will only strengthen and get better this campaign.

United on the other hand are being priced out of their top targets, their best players are aging rapidly and at board room level they're on the verge of all out war with the fans. Another season with an early exit from the CL (which is quite conceivable given the weakness of the depth of their squad) and things could really go south.

I see United focusing primarily on the premiership this season, definitely at the expense of the cups and probably of Europe too and coming up short. That's why I originally said I think we have as much chance with the FA Cup/League Cup (being the best club without European distraction) as United do of the prem or CL.

I like how people keep posting rumours when those who are quite clearly reliable have posted the complete opposite.
Yes, I believe there's also a thread entitled 'Baines knocks man u back' or
something.

I'm tending to believe the stories saying he's remaining here. If we manage to get the braided bass voiced boss player, Baines will continue in superb form.

baines is not going anywhere.
he is staying with us.
he is a great LB.
why would you wont to go to united
Moving up4 Everton.
Moving down8 Man Utd
why go to united now ?

More bad news about my plant, Leighton, I fear. It looks to have stopped drooping, but parts of it are turning red. I wish I was making this up... pics to follow.

Leighton.jpg

Are there any botanists on here?

:lol: Reading it back it sounds more optimistic than I intended it to be. I'm more referring to I think Man United are on the way down. The core of their team is aging players and younger ones they're breeding through aren't of the same standard, I expect United to focus on the premier league and to a lesser extent the CL this season and come up short in both. I expect City to be much stronger and Chelsea to offer more of a challenge.

You are spot on, United are probably on the way down, slightly. But thats only due to City and Chelsea spending stupid amounts of money.

These players they are bringing through, will still litter the prem, in various teams for years. You just can not be a poor player, coming throughthe United youth system. We took, what was perceived as their worst player, and he was even laughed at by United fans, and celebrated when he left....he looks pretty damn comfortable in our midfield, a top 8 prem team.

Never underestimate United. Some of their players names may not end in a Vowel, but they are very very good in all area's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back