Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk of Utd signing vitesse left back alexander buttner, surely now the media will finally leave this whole baines to Utd thing for good?

Way I've read this situation is that it's much like Jagielka to Arsenal last season. The player didn't do anything to hint they wanted to move, we set a very high valuation (and rightly so) and United didn't want to pay it. If the window shuts and Baines is still our player, Baines becomes my undisputed favourite, really is a top class player with a top class attitude.

Talk of Utd signing vitesse left back alexander buttner, surely now the media will finally leave this whole baines to Utd thing for good?

Hopefully yes . Hope Utd signs this fella . We can do without all the media speculation.

Don't think for a minute that he will leave this summer for a number of reasons.

1. Moyes doesn't want to sell any more players.
2. Here Baines will play week in and week out, on a high lvl and with a back four that works well together. In ManU he would be placed on the bench, more often than not.
3. With the sell of Rodwell Moyes have money to spend on incoming transfers already without selling more.
4. Baines have never stated that he would like to leave, but he has stated that he will stay.
5. For the pricetag Moyes will slap on Baines if ManU come sniffing ManU could get a few younger talents that could take the LB spot there in a few years time.

Seeing as he played well, it didnt look or feel like he was leaving...also the fact he is back with peanuts.

* Club isnt selling without a big price tag.
* Player doesnt want out or anything.

Dont think he is going anywhere...

The best thing about Baines, even more than his actual footballing ability, is how grounded he is; other players in his situation would've thrown their toys out and demanded a move at the merest hint of Man Utd's interest. He's not money grabbing, he knows he gets paid more than most people will ever see in their lifetimes. I've read interviews where's he's said how lucky he was to make it as a pro, how a lot of his mates he grew up with turned out. I only hope we win something one day to repay his loyalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back