Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
It beggars belief that a bloke who purportedly loves this club so much, cannot see how much damage is being done to brand Everton. The idea that the only sale ever to be considered, is one that will bring him & some shady characters on the perifery, an absolute fortune is ludicrous!

From the outside looking in (and from a long way away), we look like we're on life support & can't afford the operation to save us. The players are fine though. They still meet the player payments because not doing so would put this situation in the public eye, outside of Everton fans. But, whilst good wages will buy you some loyalty, tangible ambition will guarantee it in most cases.

Reality is we had the biggest opportunity when we had Rooney, the best English player for 30 years. We should've promised him the earth and built a team around him. Unfortunately, he has too big for us...that summed up Everton's decline.

We were in decline a long time before Rooney to be fair. The Rooney money and the way Moyes spent it is the only reason our squad improved to euro cahllengers. If we didn't sell him imagine the debt and the state of the team we would have now.
Not syaing our current situation is not the baords fault but selling Rooney, giving Moyes more money than they should for player wages and getting Moyes in the first place are probably the only real things the board have done that actually helped us improve.

We were in decline a long time before Rooney to be fair. The Rooney money and the way Moyes spent it is the only reason our squad improved to euro cahllengers. If we didn't sell him imagine the debt and the state of the team we would have now.
Not syaing our current situation is not the baords fault but selling Rooney, giving Moyes more money than they should for player wages and getting Moyes in the first place are probably the only real things the board have done that actually helped us improve.

This.

Agree totally, we were in decline before Rooney came along....

It beggars belief that a bloke who purportedly loves this club so much, cannot see how much damage is being done to brand Everton. The idea that the only sale ever to be considered, is one that will bring him & some shady characters on the perifery, an absolute fortune is ludicrous!

From the outside looking in (and from a long way away), we look like we're on life support & can't afford the operation to save us. The players are fine though. They still meet the player payments because not doing so would put this situation in the public eye, outside of Everton fans. But, whilst good wages will buy you some loyalty, tangible ambition will guarantee it in most cases.

I'm sick of other fans saying we're a fkn joke! The name Everton just means derelict now to them. It is an image thing, because at the heart of the club, we are fine.

I'm sick of other fans saying we're a fkn joke! The name Everton just means derelict now to them. It is an image thing, because at the heart of the club, we are fine.

How are we fine mate?

What happens when we dont have any big names to sell or players get to old and retire and we have no cash to replace them?

Look at us now with the Pienaar transfer, If we can not get rid of a player who has been out on loan for 2 years we could miss out on him, We dont have a pot to piss in

We have no money to spend on players a debt that increases every year without selling prized assets a ground that is falling apart a training ground we do not own and a chairman who lies through his back teeth to keep hold of his beloved train set

So to paraphrase the last few posts, what people are saying is that if there was no Wayne Rooney in the academy, Everton would have imploded from debt.

Counting on keeping hold of Baines and signing Pienaar, I honestly believe we have as much chance of winning the league/FA cup as United do of winning the premiership/CL

This is when Moyes goes right? If not then we'll all be trudging back to Kirkdale Station after being knocked out by God knows who...again.

So to paraphrase the last few posts, what people are saying is that if there was no Wayne Rooney in the academy, Everton would have imploded from debt.

Could be wrong here but without the Rooney money we couldent have gone out and bought Cahill,Arteta,Johnston,Lescott etc

But like I said may be wrong there

Counting on keeping hold of Baines and signing Pienaar, I honestly believe we have as much chance of winning the league/FA cup as United do of winning the premiership/CL

You are entitled to that opinion, no matter how wrong you are.

You are entitled to that opinion, no matter how wrong you are.

:lol: Reading it back it sounds more optimistic than I intended it to be. I'm more referring to I think Man United are on the way down. The core of their team is aging players and younger ones they're breeding through aren't of the same standard, I expect United to focus on the premier league and to a lesser extent the CL this season and come up short in both. I expect City to be much stronger and Chelsea to offer more of a challenge.

:lol: Reading it back it sounds more optimistic than I intended it to be. I'm more referring to I think Man United are on the way down. The core of their team is aging players and younger ones they're breeding through aren't of the same standard, I expect United to focus on the premier league and to a lesser extent the CL this season and come up short in both. I expect City to be much stronger and Chelsea to offer more of a challenge.

i've said i reckon they will finish 3rd because their squad is so weak compared to those two.but this was the case last season and they were 1 minute away from winning the league, fergie just has that knack. if he wasn't there, you would look at that team with not a lot to fear, rooney the only one? valencia, young and nani are all good, but i wouldn't say consistancy is their strong point. also without vidic, their defence is not too great, promising players and a ferdinand who is coming to the end of his tether. can't wait to see how they fare when fergie retires, they wont slide massively because of their income, but they i doubt they'll be wining late games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back