Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this because I think he's been poor last few games and seems to be walking around with a cob on. Doesn't seem interested for me.

There's only 1 person who would Neg me 5000 points for this, you bad bad GOAT. That's 25000 points since I've been on here.?obviously hit a nerve! Just wants to keep me in the red.

The opposition just flood him and Baines, and unfortunately we have no Plan B other than "hump it to Fellaini" to compensate for the space left elsewhere on the pitch.

He's been slightly out of form but not as bad as Pienaar and I can't blame either of them when they're instantly charged at by four markers every time the ball goes near them.

It's where you'd hope the manager would be tactically astute and open up the play on the training ground.

He looks no less interested than 95% of the rest of the team.

The only players I was remotely satisfied with yesterday were Mucha, Mirallas and Distin

Not Heitinga? I thought he was decent.

Mucha and Heitinga were the only players I could say actually didn't play woefully. Mirallas placed too many shocking attempted passes for me to actually praise him but at least the desire was there at times from him.

Jelavic was dog-awful yesterday too. I've defended him lately but yesterday he was dismal.

Based on what? One mistake?

He probably isn't good enough for the #1 position but he's done absolutely nothing wrong since he's been in the team.

Based on seeing him play. Put it this way would you be happy playing him all season? I'd say there's easily 10 mistakes in him per season. Everyone was giving Howard grief. At least I feel confident when somebody shoots

Not Heitinga? I thought he was decent.

Mucha and Heitinga were the only players I could say actually didn't play woefully. Mirallas placed too many shocking attempted passes for me to actually praise him but at least the desire was there at times from him.

Jelavic was dog-awful yesterday too. I've defended him lately but yesterday he was dismal.

Heitinga was poor. Kone bullied him again as we all expected.

I reckon he's injured as well, too many times he didnt have that injection of pace to arrive at a pass, was 2-3 yds short each time or didnt want to stretch something, he played on last season with one but wasn't getting up the line as much and then next thing out for a few weeks.

Seems to have gone off the boil a bit recently, but he's been fantastic this season and we can afford him that. Let's hope he has another burst of form for the final games of the season, and a few more goals would be nice too! Deffo player of the season for us.

I reckon he's injured as well, too many times he didnt have that injection of pace to arrive at a pass, was 2-3 yds short each time or didnt want to stretch something, he played on last season with one but wasn't getting up the line as much and then next thing out for a few weeks.

He's definitely injured. Its his ankle(s). At one point during the wigan game he was limping about and signalling to people to not pass him the ball.

Just seen this, what a bloody goal
[video=youtube;J1ougQ4sYJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J1ougQ4sYJw[/video]

I'm not an ITK like David Moyes and only occasional poster but yesterday had a chance meeting with someone from the club, got talking and told Baines is definitely going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back