Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Baines wants to leave. He seems to like it here and he's probably satisfied with his wages.

Maybe he has more faith than most here in thinking that Everton can get back into Europe.

It's not really much different playing in the CL for the usual qualifiers or Everton unless you actually win it, and only one club can
do that.

If Moyes started coming for our players, I will see start to lose all respect for him, if Moyes is so so ****ing good in buying players then buy another Baines. Martinez better be tough with Man u and demand at least 30 million for him. Baines Is a world class player.

I don't think we'll get 30 Million for Baines

Probably more likely 20 (Which is still a large amount of money)

I always had a feeling that Moyes would come in for Baines. If it was just Baines and we got a good price on him, I could live with that. If Moyes went any further I wouldn't be pleased

I don't think we'll get 30 Million for Baines

Probably more likely 20 (Which is still a large amount of money)

I always had a feeling that Moyes would come in for Baines. If it was just Baines and we got a good price on him, I could live with that. If Moyes went any further I wouldn't be pleased

20 million would be a mega rip off when you look at other transfer fees today, I would rather refuse 20 million and keep him and for the next 2 years. Man u can afford 30 million, if not then do one. We have to be firm. We will suffer if we lose Baines.

I don't think Baines wants to leave. He seems to like it here and he's probably satisfied with his wages.

Maybe he has more faith than most here in thinking that Everton can get back into Europe.It's not really much different playing in the CL for the usual qualifiers or Everton unless you actually win it, and only one club can
do that.
Well said that man

Maybe he has more faith than most here in thinking that Everton can get back into Europe.

It's not really much different playing in the CL for the usual qualifiers or Everton unless you actually win it, and only one club can
do that.

He might see playing for United as a better place to advance his England career. He may also like playing under Moyes. I don't think he's desperate to go or anything but I dont think it's a shoo in he'll stay either

Some of the negativity about Everton in this thread is not realism,it's almost how Liverpool supporters want to see Everton.

We finished sixth,not sixteenth. We were in contention for a CL place up to the last five or six games. We did this in spite of having a non striking strikeforce,a manager that was responsible for dropping points against weaker teams because of his caution and our best player by far in the first half of the season(Fellaini) allowing his form to drop quite a bit in the second half.

We are dealing with the unknown as yet with our new manager, but when people are talking about CL canditates,Everton will be in that group and so we should be.

I think some people have een brainwashed into thinking that Everton is not a big club...it is.

Have I missed something? Is there a new rumour scare story about Bainesy leaving doing the rounds this morning?

no not really,people on here just love to talk about us losing our best players,I sometimes think that most of them are r/s,
We should never even think about it,they play for Everton ffs, F++++n hate to go to Goodison with some of you tossers.

Cheers Moggie, I came on here to share with people that a friend of our Chairman had told me Baines was leaving this summer. As an occasional poster, I thought I would let people know I was told it. I'm not naming the source but you all have heard of him and he's reliable. If it comes true, I'll tell you who it was on here. But in no way does that make me a t@$$@r or an R/S, just telling you what I know. Idiot.

If Baines does leave, selling Bidwell is an even stupider move than it already looked to be

Have a friend who's a Brentford supporter so I can't begrudge him someone who probably wasn't going to cut it in the prem when we have Garbutt and Oviedo if Baines leaves and if Baines does go we can get Guilherme Siqueira for ~7M and he is basically a Baines replica but *slighty* less quality. I would hate to see him go though, would rather we rid ourselves of Felli.

I would rather lose 3 toes than Everton lose Baines, he is so essential to what we do and how we do it.

Doubt he will go though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back