Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems to rarely whip the crosses in anymore. Coaching instructions maybe ?

There were stretches of the game when it was like when Baines used to play for England - on his own in acres of space and nobody passing to him.
Lookman was narrow/coming inside
It was all through the middle or down the right

Age and Injuries not withstanding, Baines without a 'Pienaar' to play his 1-2's and 3-4's with is not as effective as in days of yore
He did come more into it in the last 20...some one? Valencia? missed out big time on one pearler

Clichy and Monreal are better than him (FFS Keiran Gibbs is). Milner has had a very good season at LB for them and pisses all over Baines' performances. Blind plays there becuse Shaw is injured.

Bertrand at Southampton is superior as are both Rose and Davies at Spurs as are Van Aanholdt at Palace and Robertson at Hull.

Baines was never a FB. He was a wing back who only worked with Pienaar, and only his set pieces distinguished him at one point in time.

If he's a starter for us next season you know that something is seriously out of order with all the claims to be on the rise and operating at a different level on and off the pitch yada, yada, yada. Baines is Moyes era. How he's lasted this far I don't know. More to do with managers failing to grasp the nettle and bin him off I suspect.

Deffo harsh, but probably fair-ish
We can only hope that Koeman has it on his 'To Do' list

I think the main argument is - near the top or down a bit

It needs to be on the list can't be denied.

Deffo harsh, but probably fair-ish
We can only hope that Koeman has it on his 'To Do' list

I think the main argument is - near the top or down a bit

It needs to be on the list can't be denied.
Well it seems to be well down Koeman's to do list given that he sold Oviedo last month and we only have Baines here who has experience at LB if you rule out Mori doing a shift there.

That's a terrible assessment of our resources and where we are short. I think Koeman when asked about that Oviedo sale, given that Galloway was loaned and couldn't be recalled apparently, said that one of the academy youngsters could step in!

What a bizarre calculation that is.

Love Bainesy but FB's around his age or older do tend to fade a little, lose that stamina to get up and down the pitch but I think he's good to go for another season yet.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking at long term replacements. Garbutt looked like the one a season or 2 a go but hasn't progressed. Oviedo as gone, but I've read a lot of good things about young Robinson in the reserves, could he come into the picture?

But IF we were to look for a LB I'd love it to be Bertrand from Southampton. Koeman knows all about him and he's class. Or if not him the young Scot at Hull, Robertson looks decent. Even Willems of PSV, although he'd have to brush up on his defensive game but he's young enough with time on his side to learn.

Well it seems to be well down Koeman's to do list given that he sold Oviedo last month and we only have Baines here who has experience at LB if you rule out Mori doing a shift there.

That's a terrible assessment of our resources and where we are short. I think Koeman when asked about that Oviedo sale, given that Galloway was loaned and couldn't be recalled apparently, said that one of the academy youngsters could step in!

What a bizarre calculation that is.

Yeah, heaven forbid Ronny would give somebody a chance to make a mark.

Replace one former kopite in baines with another in the form of creswell while at the same time annoying all those deluded West Ham fans who think they won the World Cup on their own and that just because they got given a stadium they are anything above average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back