Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker is lightning fast, to be fair, and always skins Bainesey for pace. Full backs these days need to be rapid, it's the future - sadly we need a replacement for Bainesey in the medium term, if not the short-term. Preferably a fast one...

He had a poor game today. Only really Seamus from our defence is really good enough if we want to progress.
I disagree and have said it for a while. He's not good enough.

Davies who is more of a defensive full back, and plays left side of 3 CB's for wales. Yet Coleman made him look like a superstar.
Coleman can get up ahead of steam from time to time. And can go past players. But most of the time his final ball is pants. Really lacks any composure in the final 3rd.

And his defending is shocking, weak as piss.

Sorry I know it's the Baines thread. But we need to replace them both imo

What happened to his runs all day he passed backwards even when space opened up. Pathetic today he really was.

Davies who is more of a defensive full back, and plays left side of 3 CB's for wales. Yet Coleman made him look like a superstar.
Coleman can get up ahead of steam from time to time. And can go past players. But most of the time his final ball is pants. Really lacks any composure in the final 3rd.

True, Davies was made a show of the other week and looked comfortable all day today

Completely different circumstances. Davies was on the back foot all game against Liverpool, did we even have a right winger today?

What's that got to do with it. A defender put him under pressure and he couldn't handle it

I don't disagree that Coleman had a bad game today but the circumstances of the game didn't help. Davies' weakness against Liverpool was his defending, he didn't have to do much of that today.

I don't disagree that Coleman had a bad game today but the circumstances of the game didn't help. Davies' weakness against Liverpool was his defending, he didn't have to do much of that today.
I don't care what davies did against Liverpool. This is about Coleman not being a good enough defender.
Everyone can have a bad game. But his defending has only improved slightly, since he broke into the team.

I don't care what davies did against Liverpool. This is about Coleman not being a good enough defender.
Everyone can have a bad game. But his defending has only improved slightly, since he broke into the team.

Not having that, I think Coleman is pretty solid defensively. There's not many times you come away from a game thinking Coleman's been roasted all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back