Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he'll be back. Maybe a few games in the future but then break down again.

Once a player in their 30s have a lot of weeks/months out a few times on the bounce, that is it.

I doubt he'll be back. Maybe a few games in the future but then break down again.

Once a player in their 30s have a lot of weeks/months out a few times on the bounce, that is it.

That Dave is the regrettable fact with regard to sportsmen. The number of games he will play this season is looking limited. And we have no realistic back up unless Oviedo really starts to shine.

I think he'll be back mate. No doubt his age may mean an increased chance of injury but I feel he's still good.

At the age of 34 & a string of injuries Paul Power won his first major trophy at ....Everton.

How good was he for us?If you took Sheeds out of the equation I think Paul Power would have been regarded even higher by evertonians.
He was great, and a nice guy too apparently.

But these eyes, they've seen something horrendous, surely....

power-2.jpg

I think he'll be back mate. No doubt his age may mean an increased chance of injury but I feel he's still good.

I remember Baines in the last couple of seasons under Moyes dragging himself onto the pitch with ankle, feet and toe injuries. He'd have them iced up coming off some times and must have been getting a load of cortisone injections to make games because we were that reliant on him and Pienaar giving us an option to the long ball. I reckon he must have played through the pain for at least two or three years including the couple of big spells out under Martinez.

That has to take its toll as you get into your 30s. His tendons and ligaments must be in a terrible state.

I see him as a bit part player now. Maybe getting a four game run if he's lucky before hobbling off and out for months.

Koeman must have been aware of Baines' condition at the start of the season and thought that he was still basically fit otherwise allowing Galloway to go out makes no sense.

Paul Power was a tough cookie; similar to Morrissey. Great buy.

Do you take risk him for next week if hes so called fit,or do you leave him till the swansea game to make sure hes proper over his injury

Do you take risk him for next week if hes so called fit,or do you leave him till the swansea game to make sure hes proper over his injury

Oviedo has the shirt. Until he is a problem he retains it, surely?

In any case, I doubt Baines is looking at football again gefore the middle of next month when the next break is out the way.

I remember Baines in the last couple of seasons under Moyes dragging himself onto the pitch with ankle, feet and toe injuries. He'd have them iced up coming off some times and must have been getting a load of cortisone injections to make games because we were that reliant on him and Pienaar giving us an option to the long ball. I reckon he must have played through the pain for at least two or three years including the couple of big spells out under Martinez.

That has to take its toll as you get into your 30s. His tendons and ligaments must be in a terrible state.

I see him as a bit part player now. Maybe getting a four game run if he's lucky before hobbling off and out for months.

He has become an older Michael Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back