Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of the very few positives today was seeing Baines back and looking sharp.

Crap at dead balls for three years now. Today, five corners, three caught by the keeper, two failed to clear the first man. One free kick directly into the wall, not even close to clearing.

Can't really argue with that though. He's been poor taking corners for years though so I can only assume he has some dirt on Koeman, Martinez and Moyes which allows him to take them.

HIs free kicks are normally fine though.

Can't really argue with that though. He's been poor taking corners for years though so I can only assume he has some dirt on Koeman, Martinez and Moyes which allows him to take them.

HIs free kicks are normally fine though.
When was the last time he scored directly from a dead ball situation (not a penalty)? From memory, I'm struggling to think of recent examples.

It's a shame to say, however both his ability to provide effective free kicks, corners and even crosses seem to have declined significantly.

Nice to see him back in the starting XI and he's an improvement on Oviedo, yet unfortunately his greatest days are apparently long disappeared.

When was the last time he scored directly from a dead ball situation (not a penalty)? From memory, I'm struggling to think of recent examples.

It's a shame to say, however both his ability to provide effective free kicks, corners and even crosses seem to have declined significantly.

Nice to see him back in the starting XI and he's an improvement on Oviedo, yet unfortunately his greatest days are apparently long disappeared.

May be wrong on this, but don't think he has ever scored a freekick at goodison either, think every one has been away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back