Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leighton-Baines-Everton.jpg

The best left back in decades for us,
But sadly his days are coming to an end,especially if we carry on playing wing backs.
Sad times and he'll be difficult to replace.
If we bring in young lad who can play WB and have time for us to develop defensively, we can save Bainesy for when we play a back 4. Reckon we can get an extra season or 2 out of him then.

So Baines actually stopped growing up when he was about14? Because by his owm admission that was when he started to support Everton.
Baines, brought up in Kirkby but rejected as a youngster by Everton and Liverpool, had been made aware of interest from David Moyes and the lure of playing at Goodison was too strong, even if Everton were not always his favourite club. "I actually started as a Liverpool supporter because my dad supported themand I hero-worshipped Robbie Fowler. He was another left-footer and I loved him. I'd go back to school and every time we played I'd pretend I was Fowler.

"I was only young, though, and I didn't like the hustle and bustle of the stands. I lost interest in Liverpool, but I still loved watching football. I was at the 1995 FA Cup final [when Everton beat Manchester United 1-0]. I went through a spell of liking Blackburn Rovers because they had Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton in attack. And then I started watching Everton properly when I was about 14. My mum wouldn't let me go on my own but my cousin was three years older than me so we'd get the bus, 50p from Kirkby, and then hang around outside until we could sneak in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back