Leroy Fer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see this myself whatever the outcome of the season. With his sights firmly set on him I'm sure we could raise money to get him, I hope at least.

Why would they accept a reduced fee or payment structure in the summer ? Sounds more like Fer making his feelings known and trying to force a deal now

Why would they accept a reduced fee or payment structure in the summer ? Sounds more like Fer making his feelings known and trying to force a deal now

He had surgery 4 months ago and we were worried about how the scarring would heal. By the summer it could be fine and we could follow through with the original agreement.

It would make sense that, if we're going to go back in for him in the summer, that we would now switch our attentions to signing a striker.

Well, they agreed on a payment deal that would see Twente receive the full transfer fee in 2 term payments. Everton came back and said that they wanted to pay a reduced fee in 4 terms + extra money in appearances.

Twente couldn't agree on that because with the reduced initial fee, they wouldn't have been able to secure their transfer targets (Filip Djuricic and Claudemir).

Targets change, transfer fees change during six months so in the summer there is more time to get replacements. Djuricic for example will be a bit cheaper as well since his contract expires in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back