Leroy Fer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they agreed on a payment deal that would see Twente receive the full transfer fee in 2 term payments. Everton came back and said that they wanted to pay a reduced fee in 4 terms + extra money in appearances.

Twente couldn't agree on that because with the reduced initial fee, they wouldn't have been able to secure their transfer targets (Filip Djuricic and Claudemir).

Targets change, transfer fees change during six months so in the summer there is more time to get replacements. Djuricic for example will be a bit cheaper as well since his contract expires in 2014.

So how will they secure them with 0 money now then?

Feel sorry for him.

We´ve treated him like a mug.

Everyone at the club knew he´d had a major knee injury this season.

Any doctor in the world will tell you synovial oedema (water in the knee) can remain for years after a knee injury.

What happened was we tried to use a fact that had been already been disclosed before the original deal was made to haggle over the division of risk between the clubs, i.e moving the goalposts.

Moyes is sad for the lad, Mclaren is sad for the lad, the lad is desperate to come. The agents can see a payday going down the pan.

I think they'll still be working on this until 11pm tonight. Never say never.

Dutch to english translations:

Steve Mclaren :
"Of course I wanted Leroy to ensure the strength of the team rather not lose, but I am now very sad for him," said McClaren in De Telegraaf. "This was a very good opportunity for him and for the club, neither of which could leave. Nobody wished it would end. At FC Twente Leroy now we must all support in what is a very difficult period for him. '

Chairman Joop Munsterman does not think the Ricochets transfer a huge impact on the game of Fer going to have. "We are not afraid of a disappointed player. I do not at all in such terms."

Moyes is sad for the lad, Mclaren is sad for the lad, the lad is desperate to come. The agents can see a payday going down the pan.

I think they'll still be working on this until 11pm tonight. Never say never.

Dutch to english translations:

Steve Mclaren :
"Of course I wanted Leroy to ensure the strength of the team rather not lose, but I am now very sad for him," said McClaren in De Telegraaf. "This was a very good opportunity for him and for the club, neither of which could leave. Nobody wished it would end. At FC Twente Leroy now we must all support in what is a very difficult period for him. '

Chairman Joop Munsterman does not think the Ricochets transfer a huge impact on the game of Fer going to have. "We are not afraid of a disappointed player. I do not at all in such terms."

FFS if ever there was a player destined to wear the royal blue it´s this lad.

You know what though lads come out with dignity too, I really like him because he does defend Everton, Despite us messing about the deal, Fair play he DID really wan't this to happen. Hope it still does.

We´ve treated him like a mug.

Everyone at the club knew he´d had a major knee injury this season.

Any doctor in the world will tell you synovial oedema (water in the knee) can remain for years after a knee injury.

What happened was we tried to use a fact that had been already been disclosed before the original deal was made to haggle over the division of risk between the clubs, i.e moving the goalposts.

You're right that the club must have known about his previous knee injury. It;d be impossible to know what the knee was like without having it looked at by the club's doctors though.

He doesn't appear to feel like he's been treated like a mug so I don't see how you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back