Lille - Info (Travel, Hotels, Bars, Directions etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any of you driving down, there are speed cameras all over the show on the motorways- lots of those average speed ones, and in the dead of night they reduce the speed limits to ridiculously slow, so allow plenty of time to get down to dover/folkstone.

Don't forget all the things that you need for driving in France as well cos the Roz there love an on the spot fine, dont have a sat nav or map in the car that has French speed cameras on it cos even if it's turned off or in the glovebox they'll give you a €90 euro fine.

High-vis bib for each person in vehicle
Set of spare bulbs
If you wear specs a spare pair
Headlight 'beam benders'
GB Sticker
Both parts of License
Car Log Book
Car Insurance Cert
Mot Cert
Hazard Warning Triangle

The breathalyser thing was abolished.

Bit of a list like but you can get it all together quite cheap as long as dont go to Halfords.

Tesco sell most of it, such as a bulb set for £5 .... £17 in Halfords
Mag. GB for about a quid
Warning Triangle
Still time to order beam benders off e-bay..... about £12 in Halfords

Your insurance will only cover you for 3rd Party as well in EU so maybe worth giving them a ring as upping it to Fully Comp for a cpl of days isn't much, you don't have to carry the actual 'green card' with you but they'll send it to you in case of anything that may happen.

This time next week, I will probably getting some sleep in the Hotel.

Lille flooded with 4.7 million Blues, cant wait.

No kip for me before the game. At this time we'll probably be on a rocking metro on the way to the ground! its 17:30 here on the continent!

Mr Pedantic, but the hi-vis vests need to be in the car itself and not just in the boot. All the said items are available on the ferry but at a high cost.

Aye and if your driving I'm pretty sure.you need to have purchased an alcohol breathalyser test kit as well. We'll me and the missus drive over to France most years and we take the hi vis vests, alcohol test kit, and put some weird stickers on the front car lights

u got a web site or number m8

http://en.gastama.com/

logo_gastama.png

HAM2277.png

HAM2106.png

ham2208.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back