Lille - Info (Travel, Hotels, Bars, Directions etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, first post on here - been following the FB page for a while though.

So, when all the away tickets inevitably sell out and with myself not really wanting to buy home tickets; does anyone have backup plans of a pub for us all to "commandeer" and watch the match? I have already bought coach tickets (12hr journey from Manc to Lille!) And already booked the hotel and time off work.

Yes mate. If you can't get a ticket that afternoon in Lille (if you're doing this then a French sign for Tickets Please would say "BILLETS SVP" so make one of them maybe.

You wanna definitely go here:
Australian Bar in the old town. 2, Avenue du Peuple Belge, Vieux Lille. You can't miss it, and ask anyone on the way cos everyone knows where it is.
The old town opens up into a little square with a grass lawn, and the Oz bar is black and gold building dead ahead.

Other than that then Rue Solférino has big Irish and other pubs with big screens - walk from the giant MacDonalds in the corner of Grand Place down Rue Nationale....10 mins or so, it's on the left, all neon and beer signs, can't miss it.

Since it's LOSC playing tho, most bars will turn their TVs on specially for the game. They only do this for Lille matches, but that's what this is so it'll be on all over.

Are lille that good, top of la ligue is prob equivalent of west ham

Yeah they're pretty good. Definitely better than West Ham.

They won league and cup double before PSG became oil billionaires, then finished second behind them.
Then Monaco became billionaires and Lille finished 3rd behind the pair of them - they consistently finish well above Marseille, Lyon, Bordeaux.
Although Lyon cleared their whole squad out and have played kids for 3 seasons, but still a big club.

Their home record is very good, but distances matter in France and Lille is as far as you can get to the north.
That said, they went to Monaco away and drew 1-1 a couple of weeks ago. That's a bloody long way.

Cabaye, Eden Hazard, Debuchy, all Lille lads (Hazard from just over the border but still...)

I reckon they'd be top 8 in England, defo top half.

That said - Wolfsburg worry me more than LOSC.

Catching 6.50 Eurostar on Thursday morning, drop bags off at Europe Hotel (right opposite the station), then try and find a bar that hasn't sold out - hopefully in the square, which is where I guess we will all congregate?

Then all day to relax after a good result and spend some time sightseeing in Lille on Friday before Eurostar home at 8.30pm.

COYB!

anybody got 2 spare seat's available, travelling from manchester, preston, area or i am booking the coach tomorrow. cheer's

Megabus that I'm getting from Manc still has seats mate leaves 3:30 wed comes back 01:45 Fri Morn
£50

Did I mention that I only paid 10 bob for it ? not sure if I did or not

image.asp

Catching 6.50 Eurostar on Thursday morning, drop bags off at Europe Hotel (right opposite the station), then try and find a bar that hasn't sold out - hopefully in the square, which is where I guess we will all congregate?

Then all day to relax after a good result and spend some time sightseeing in Lille on Friday before Eurostar home at 8.30pm.

COYB!

I'm on the same train as you going out mate, and the lads I'm going with are on your one going back. I couldn't be hooped with hanging around all day though so I'm flying back to Manchester from Paris on the Friday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back