Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
furey1878. so based on the current everton squad where do you think they should finish? because 8th to 12th is about right i say. how are they under performing? yes we all want more. but how realistic is it?

so you want the echo to put everton up for sale and buy us a new ground. oh and yeah some world class players.

You're a proper idiot, like seriously. How are you not understanding what the lads are trying to say? Jesus christ.

furey1878. so based on the current everton squad where do you think they should finish? because 8th to 12th is about right i say. how are they under performing? yes we all want more. but how realistic is it?

No lower than 8th based on the quality of the players. And if you don't think many of the players (and manager) have under-performed this year then you quite obviously haven't been watching the games.

With near enough the same exact squad we finished 5th with 72 points, almost any other season that would've been enough to get Champions League including this year. How we finished on just 50 points this year, even with having to cope with Europe, is quite frankly appalling.

Yet nothing is being is said, no one is being held to account. There's been no outcry on the back page in big, bold headlines about how unacceptable it is. Yet when the kopites lose a semi-final at Wembley, the reaction is as if their supporters have been molested. It's chalk and cheese and supporters have a right to be P'd off.

Last edited:
so you want the echo to put everton up for sale and buy us a new ground. oh and yeah some world class players.

The echo isn't the source of the problems. No one is saying that.

However it is their job to address the important issues surrounding the club. Which they don't do.

With near enough the same exact squad we finished 5th with 72 points, almost any other season that would been enough to get Champions League including this year. How we finished on just 50 points this year, even with having to cope with Europe, is quite frankly appalling.

The players haven't been under-performing according to @dave n though....

How many failed ground moves are the Echo going to ignore and not call the club to account? What about our major shareholders who don't come near the club? A REAL newspaper wold be all over these stories with proper journalism. The Echo is not capable or is unwilling to ask the pertinent questions

Since when are Everton 'they' btw?

2q2dzs4.jpg

so its the echos fault that big bill has not sold up?

No, but it's the Echo's fault that they employ journalists like James Pearce who actually cried when Liberpool lost to Palace.

To be fair, it must have been hard for them kopite tools. I mean, they got closer to winning the title than they had for 25 years and lets be honest, they're not winning it again for 25 years.

Last year was a golden opportunity. Fergie had effed off. Man U finished outside the top 4 for the first time in decades. Jose, was new, Pellegrini was new...... But still managed to pip Liberpool to the title. LOL.

go through evertons first 11 then never mind the squad and tell me how we can compete in the top four. its bullshit. We had an unbelievable season and still finished fifth so top four is an aim and a big aim thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back