Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha ha ha! a melt..............ill call my 9 year old daughter a melt mate and she will just laugh like me. name calling is sad at the best of times. life is about opinions. no one is ever right or wrong.

furey1878. so based on the current everton squad where do you think they should finish? because 8th to 12th is about right i say. how are they under performing? yes we all want more. but how realistic is it?

The same Everton squad that finished 5th the season before or the improved Everton squad that finished 6th the season before that?

ha ha ha! a melt..............ill call my 9 year old daughter a melt mate and she will just laugh like me. name calling is sad at the best of times. life is about opinions. no one is ever right or wrong.

I'd give your daughter a better lesson about grammar than you ever could. Apparently.

What would you like me to call you mate?

The club can tell them to print whatever. Who cares. The fact is until everton get a modern stadium and or investment they can not compete on a regular basis in the premier league. So what do people want the echo to say? everton are world beaters going to sign rooney, ronaldo and messi?

but other than attracting a man city type owner who are few and far between what else could everton do as a club? blackburn tried it with the chicken men. be careful what you wish for.

Can you please explain your stance on Everton as to how we are going to progress as a football club. what are the options you believe we have as to how we are going to gain this investment?

You believe if we don't gain investment or a new stadium we will never be able to compete in the premier league but you don't want to risk having a wealthy owner even though we will never compete in the premier league without one?

Surely by applying that logic risking a new owner isn't really a risk at all. can you please explain what you mean as your points are coming across as contradictory to me.

I've always had the impression that the Echo tries to piggyback on what they gauge as the majority opinion of fans from both clubs:

When Hicks and Gillette owned the RS and the fans had turned against them the Echo was up in arms and in full agreement with their fans that they had to go.

With us they gauge that the majority of supporters still back the board and so they go with that opinion and don't rock the boat. I'd wager that if there was a serious and proper revolt against the board which was backed by the majority of fans the Echo would be the first to jump on the bandwagon and turn against the board.

In short they are being populist and playing it safe, wishing to be seen as backing the opinion of the majority. It sells newspapers.

I'm not saying that any of this fact - just throwing it out there.

In essence they are still a bunch of patronising kopites though.

Its either a Kopite or Greg Okeefe. Im ignoring from now on

Can anyone explain the difference? Both seem to enjoy seeing us in mid table and both have no interest in Everton getting any better. I honestly would love to see what some of these so called Everton correspondents would write if we had a brilliant season winning silverware and finished ahead of their beloved reds who were left empty handed. Perhaps the echo and BT sport would just spontaneously combust.

but other than attracting a man city type owner who are few and far between what else could everton do as a club? blackburn tried it with the chicken men. be careful what you wish for.

So not only are you here to fail to grasp the basic concepts of journalistic integrity, you now want to spread FUD. Unlike others, I just don't have the patience for forum neg BS...goodnight nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back